“Fresh seafood, great wine.”

Toma Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Toma Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 534 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Idaho
“Fresh seafood, great wine.”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Very nice meal. Fresh seafood and view of the beach. And, it was walking distance to our hotel. Nice wine, too.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank sufeit

“Very friendly, accommodating and tastey vegetarian. Given how busy they were they still managed to deliver a high level of serv”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We found this place after checking Trip advisor. Went there on a Tueaday night and the place was packed. We did not have a reservation so we ended up sitting at the bar and ordered our meal there. Being of Indian origin, we are vegetarian and they had lots of interesting dishes to choose from.
Highly recommend the artichoke appetiser. It is fried in a semolina batter with lemon zest, delivering a unique flavour!
We had a friendly chat with the waiter who was very pleasant. I would definitely recommend visiting this place if you are in Santa Barbara. Thank you Tom!
A great place and perfect ambiance, wish you had this place in London! Shame we are only here for one night as I would have come here every night of my stay.

1 Thank Rk888
Holmdel, New Jersey
“Local favorite”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Right across the street from the Santa Barbara marina. Good home cooked Italian meal. Would recommend giving it a shot.

Visited May 2013
San Carlos, CA
“Simple, Quality, Delightful”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stopped into Toma's this evening by myself. I am in Santa Barbara on business and had just this one evening to spend enjoying the beautiful city. My hotel was within a block of the yacht harbor and I was looking for something within walking distance where I could just grab a small bite.

From the outside, Toma's is much like the other spots along the the beach strip. Take a step inside and you get a simple yet classy Italian decor with a lively, but not too noisy atmosphere. As I was dining alone and not for a full meal, I sat at the bar. I was immediately greeted by Jere the bartender who promptly made a wonderful local wine recommendation. He then set up a beautiful little spread for me at the bar where I enjoyed the Crostada salad which consisted of baked goat chevre, caramelized pear, walnut, organic greens, and shallot dressing ($11). The chevre was shredded very thin and was slightly toasted. It was likely one of the best salads I've ever had.

The bread they brought was good, but not notable. They did serve it with a salted butter (with the salt flakes sprinkled on top) which I think is delightful. It felt like both a local neighborhood spot as well as a bit of a fancy evening out. Jere was busy the whole time making cocktails that looked and sounded simply delightful and I watched him make all of their specialty drinks with fresh ingredients. Mint, oranges, ginger, you name it.

Next time I'm in town, I will be coming back for sure. Be sure to get reservations if you want a table during dinner time as it was quite busy even on a Tuesday.

1 Thank Kris R
Fair Oaks, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Italian dinner”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went for graduation dinner and they were able to accommodate our reservation when we showed up early. The staff was very friendly and the food was delicious. We had the Crostada salad (aka "bird's nest salad"), rigatoni, ravioli, and creme brulee. I will definetly go again when I am back in Santa Barbara.

1 Thank Kimberly V