“Not to be Missed”

Toma Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Toma Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 532 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Hercules
“Not to be Missed”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Santa Barbara from the San Francisco Bay Area. One morning I strolled past this little place, sort of tucked in between two hotels, and filed it away in the back of my mind. On our last night in Santa Barbara, we decided to try it for dinner. It was outstanding. The short rib dish is wonderful. Recommendations from the staff for wine and dessert wine were very good. The only disappointment was that the first bottle of wine we ordered from the wine selection was not available. The management should monitor their wine selections more carefully. (This has been a problem we've encountered in several restaurants.) The place was packed on a Thursday night so, obviously, it has quite a reputation. Try it; you'll like it.

Paris
“Great addition to town”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We recently dined at Toma and everything was delicious. I had really fine gnocci with rock shrimp and a light pomodoro sauce. Our friends liked their pizzas. We all shared a dessert and licked our forks. We will go back soon!

Naples, Florida
“Outstanding flavors and service....”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We came here based on a recommendation by our B&B host... And we are glad we took her up on it... We had a fantastic dinner, the best of our pacific highway trip for sure and maybe one of the best period! I had an arugula salad to start which was dressed perfectly and then the cioppino... My wife had the black spaghetti with clams, calamari, calibrate, garlic and finished with truffle butter... My cioppino was perfectly cooked but I have to say that the black spaghetti dish was even better... So rich and flavorful and the fresh pasta was just a great combination.... A great bottle of red wine and it made for a great dinner.... Well worth the $130.00 tab for two...

Spokane, Washington
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I probably had the best meal I have ever had in the United States at Toma. It was on a par with the best I have experienced in Italy. In addition, the owner and wait staff were exceedingly warm and friendly, and the decor classy and tasteful. I ventured in off the beach and felt woefully underdressed, but by the way I was treated you would think I had been wearing the latest designer duds. Overall a delightful experience.

1 Thank meglill
Central Coast of Cali.
“Attention to detail, attention to accommodation.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

What can we say that hasn't already been said? They just reopened, and they were eager to give us the service we expect from an establishment on the beach in Santa Barbara.
The owner of approached our table and saw that we did not have quite enough room for our meal and our drinks, so he went out of his way to move another table next to ours so that we could have plenty of room.
He stood and talked to us for at least 10 minutes, and was very personable. He made sure that the servers were attentive to every detail, and made our dining experience top notch. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013