“The best gourmet pizza I have ever tasted”
Review of Ca'Dario Pizzeria

Ca'Dario Pizzeria
Ranked #151 of 553 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We just came back from traveling the world for a year and a half, including a few months in mother Italy, and were so excited to hear that Ca' Dario's restaurant had opened a pizzeria a couple of doors down from their fine restaurant that has pleased us so often over the last 7 years. So off we went yesterday. To say that this wasn't the normal ho hum pizza that is provided in most of the world is an understatement. This was a gourmet delight. The thin flavorful crust pizza with piles of fresh toppings was ecstatically good. This was by far the best pizza that I have ever tasted anywhere in my life. We had the arugala/prosciutto pizza...wow, we were so impressed (something that we usually aren't) that we almost fell off our seats... wow again and again and again. Also it is a beautiful small place, had great friendly service, and we agree that this place is up there as one on the top gourmet pizzeria's on the entire planet. We can't wait to go back. Funny, it's so new, they don't even have a sign on the building yet. See you there.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place reminded us of the small pizzerias in Italy. The food was great. The Marguerita pizza is a thin crust and was excellent. Next time, we will try their restaurant on the corner.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Unfortunately, this pizzeria thinks cheese pizza is the same thing as pizza Marguerita! Soooo disappointing that. The menu description of it is very misleading too. There were no tomatoes, no basil, and no "fresh" mozzarella. Although the menu didn't say "fresh". When one of my companions complained that her pizza wasn't any good, mostly because it was so cold, our waitress became cold as well, and disappeared for the rest of our time. We were pretty much ignored from then on and I hadn't even complained about my pizza till now!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went to this popular Santa Barbara restaurant with high hopes, (second try).
My husband chose what he wanted and we both ordered. 15 min. later the waitress came back and said they were out of what he ordered. (didn't she know this before hand?) Then he ordered salmon and it was dry and over cooked.
Something so simple, how is it any chef can mess that one up? My dish was so ordinary that I have forgotten what it was. They won't get a third chance. Everything is so the same wherever you go, without any effort going into the selection of the menu or the preperation.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been a long-time patron of Dario's down the street Italian restaurant for years and when I heard he has this innovative pizza that no one has ever tried in our town, and he has been working on the recipes for years, I was overjoyed. However, my pizza was not impressive at all. The crust was like a lavash cracker and the flavors/toppings were not clever or exciting. Overall, it was ‘oh hmm’, followed by this is more like an appetizer than a meal. I know that Olio E Limone, another favorite restaurant, did a similar strategy with opening Olio Pizzeria and I love that pizza – closest to how I have enjoyed pizza in Italy! I had hoped Dario would have delivered the same gratitude, but alas, unfortunately he is off the mark. In fact, my pizza was bland and crunchy.