“Reasonably priced Breakfast on the Santa Barbara Harbor”
Review of Sambo's Restaurant

Sambo's Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 563 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Sambos is a family friendly restaurant located across from the beach in Santa Barbara. We serve Breakfast and Lunch all day long. Our specialty is Pancakes and breakfast items.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Good big breakfast place right across the street from the harbor with pretty views and outside dining available. Get there early for Breakfast or be prepared to wait.

Chad S, Owner at Sambo's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for your nice review. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife was so excited when we came across the original Sambo's in Santa Barbara. We went for breakfast and everything was great. The service is much better here than most breakfast spots and the food is great.

Chad S, Owner at Sambo's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for the kind post, we strive to be the best we can be.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

As a non-American I don't know the history of this place and just judge on food and service. It is a bit stressed and we got a table in the back, close to the cashier. Not to recommend as it was noicy. Stack of panncakes means 4, picture showed more. Panncakes were good but not that special. Had better in other places during the trip.

Chad S, Owner at Sambo's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Andres, Thank you for you post. We have kept our prices the same for 5 years now, we are the cheapest in our area, our landlord charges us a lot for the use of our location. The pancakes are made from scratch, but I will see if I can improve on the quality. We hope to see you come back again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was in walking distance from our motel. Nicely decorated with pictures of original owner etc. The breakfast we ate there was not good. The sausages were made of more filling than meat, the hash browns were tasteless and soggy. But the service was very good.

Carmen, Thank you for your comment about the service and location. I am sad to hear that you felt our food was not that good. We have changed the way we prepare our hash brown and I will meet with our meat distributor to review our sausage. It is our goal to provided the best service and food. If you have any other comments on how we can be better please let my know.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Lovely perfect service and took me back to childhood days of Sunday mornings after church. Extremely busy as only restaurant open for breakfast.

Chad S, Owner at Sambo's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Gina, Thank you for your post. I am glad we are able to continue on with the tradition of Sambos that my grandfather started. I hope you have a great week.