“Good food, nice patio”

Ranked #136 of 549 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pasta*Vino*CappuccinoFor over 20 years, this locally owned downtown gem has served up savory Italian dishes, garden-fresh salads, local & international wines, and house-made desserts. A favorite of locals & tourists alike, Pascucci is both affordable & delicious.We are a local business that truly supports local business...All our meats are delivered fresh daily from Shalhoob Meat Company. Our seafood swims in daily from Kanaloa Seafoods. Our produce is delivered fresh 7 days a week from Tri-County Produce and the Farmers' Market, and we proudly feature organic, unsprayed lettuce from Shepherds Farms. Our sundried tomatoes come from the Blackbird Food Co., (specializing in local and organic products); and most of our dry good are supplied by Jordano's. We get our coffee, express beans and iced tea from Santa Barbara Roasting Company. And of course a wide variety of local wines. We offer a full bar. Great kid's menu. Patio seating where pets are welcomed! Saluti e pranzo felice!
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was going to say "good comfort food", but decided that might be misunderstood. Definitely not an ordinary spaghetti with tomato sauce place, maybe more like what a grandmother who was a really good cook would serve. So as to be more specific, went to its website for details of what we ordered for lunch: "Sienna" - baked chicken breast coated with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs, topped with mushrooms in a marsala sauce, served with brocoli baked with bread crumbs, cheese, and herbs; "Pompeii" - baked chicken coated with pecans, topped with a lemon-herb cream sauce with capers, served with roasted garlic-herb potatoes. All very tasty, as was the complimentary garlic bread served before the plates arrived. At lunchtime, these were generous dinner-sized portions at only $12.99 each. We also enjoyed eating on the front patio, sitting three rows back by the front windows so we could watch the pedestrian traffic passing by on State St. without being too close to it. :-) We expect to return, probably being a little more adventurous in choosing from the extensive menu.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Good americaniced italien food and a nuce dining room in the back. Usually pretty growded at weekends

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The service is poor, the food is forgetable, the dinning room is too noisy. Don't go if you want Italian food of even average quality.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

A few hours ago, I ate dinner at Pascucci's with a friend, who is a SB local. This was one of her favorite SB restaurants.

I enjoyed every component of my meal, but I have to pick the salad as the stand out. I had a house side salad with gorgonzola dressing and it was outstanding. All of the salad dressings are house made and I think is part of what made it so stellar.

The other reason that the salad was so delicious, is Pascucci uses local ingredients from local farms. The salad really tasted like the ingredients had been picked this morning. Everything was super fresh and delicious.

The garlic bread is great. It's really garlicky though.

I had meat lasagna as my main entree. It was very good, very meaty and huge. I could only eat half, so I have lunch for tomorrow!

The service was attentive and even though the restaurant was packed, we never felt rushed.

Please visit my blog for more reviews and musings.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is our first trip to Santa Barbara and we came to Pascucci as walk in as we were strolling down State Street (main shopping street downtown).

Pascucci has the typical large Italian menu choice (except they didn't offer gnocchi for some reason). During the week they offer a very reasonable 20 dollar dinner special. We ordered lasagna; grilled salmon salad and a kids pizza. All the food was excellent!

The restaurant was packed (we were there on a Tuesday night); we walked by other restaurants on State Street; and none were close to full. I looked at the menu and realized that virtually all the entrees were under 16 dollars; and on their wine list; the most expensive was $41/bottle; with the majority of wines in the 25-35 dollar range per bottle.

We will definitely be returning; the food and value our outstanding!