“GO!”

Ranked #249 of 567 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Small, funky little restaurant tucked off on Cota Street. Super-friendly staff. Our waiter and the bartender were both great - but the food - oh my the food...

My spouse had a Chicken Mole burrito that he could not stop raving about. I took one taste and the cocoa goodness of the mole sauce was not to be believed. Simply excellent.

My Steak Au Poivre was beautifully prepared and so tender I cut it with a regular knife. The sauce was buttery and delicious.

Our drinks were also excellent. I had the Damiana margarita and a pomegranate-ginger margarita and both were exceptionally good. My spouse had a pear martinin and a Chimay that he loved.

We will definitely be back.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We just came here for a nightcap. We sat at the bar and it was pretty much dead, only locals, which we loved! The bartender did experiment with drinks and for the most part they were good. We had one mishap where he accidentally put salt in our drinks rather than sugar, but he did make us new drinks. It was a cool little place and would recommend.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were going to another restaurant (the palace) just a few doors down, but the wait was an hour. We decided to give Blue Agave a try. They were able to seat our group of 7 with no wait. Two of our choices from the menu were not being served any more (please change the menu or let people know in advance - why it did not get 5 stars). However, the choices we did change to were excellent. This seems like a little gem - no wait, excellent food.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

very fast, efficent service, great prices, delicous food - i had the mole chicken enchiladas - amazing

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Not sure what the cuisine is here exactly, a cross between Italian and Mexican, but the tequila selection is amazing and the drinks were delicious.. Come for the libations, skip the food!