“An unexpected delight”

Santa Barbara, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An unexpected delight”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This little sandwich shop is tucked away in the Paseo Nuevo mall. I would have never thought about stopping in. My daughter was reluctant to leave Claire's next door and we needed a quick bite before we both got grumpy from hunger. This place was delightful. The people behind the counter were helpful and friendly. They seemed to really enjoy serving us. They had the yummiest pickle flavored popcorn as a free snack to tide us over until we got our food. Their sandwiches were yummy, and when I asked for something a little different, I was encouraged to order off the menu! I normally stay away from mall food - but this lunch place is worth the trip!

Visited January 2014

Galiano Island, Canada
“Good sandwich in a sunny spot”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Located inside a mega tourist mall in downtown Santa Barbara, this cool little eatery serves up fat sandwiches any way you want it and runs it out to your table under an umbrella. The price is reasonable, the quality high, service pleasant and friendly. A good spot for a nice light lunch with fun people watching. I will run back nect time I'm in town.

• Visited January 2014
Galiano Island, Canada
“Really terrific meal here.”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Roaming around Santa Barbara...saw this busy little hole in the wall...there was a patio..out front...the sun was hot...the food even hotter...so good ! Turkey panini...grilled to perfection....it closes early..so didn't get to come back here before we left town. Highly recommend this delicious sandwich establishment. Try it ..., you'll love the taste treat. In the Paseo Nuevo Mall on State street.

Visited January 2014
“Fun establishment in downtown SB”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Had an enjoyable meal with perfect service at the Pickle and Swiss. Food was great an generously proportioned. Only grumbles is 1) parking. Very difficult in downtown SB and 2) water could use ice. Otherwise their food fare was great, lots of selections and adorable especially for our group of 8.

Pima, Arizona
“Gluten Free Bread for a great Sandwich !”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have had two recent visits to Pickles ... They serve gluten free bread that I require.

Both a cold roast beef and a ham and swiss on the gluten free bread were great. Very tasty. They slightly toasted the bread so the tastelessness of the gluten free bread was not so much of an issue. A great suggestion by them!!

My wife has a ham and swiss on regular rye bread and she said it was very good.

Limited inside seating, mostly outside ... very nice to people watch.

Great helpful staff and ok priced for Santa Barbara.

I will retrun the next time I visit Santa Barbara.... Good stuff... Highly recommended.

A caution..if you react to wheat products.. do be aware that this is a regular sandwich shop and wheat is used in the place... Just be careful if you are sensative.

• Visited October 2013