“Fantastic Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I just love this place and try to come here whenever I am in the Santa Barbara area. It's not fancy at all - very cheap and no atmosphere. The food is great! Everything is made fresh to order and the tortillas are fabulous. It's very traditional Mexican food - no massive amounts of cheese covering everything - like you get in most Mexican restaurants. We had #1 - which is beef. Truthfully there is very little besides beef here - some pork - one fish and I think one chicken dish from what I remember. We had 2 #1's each, side of guacamole and a side of beans. Everything was just fantastic and came to under $20.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This place is amazing. The tortillas are made just before you pick up your order. The food is hot off the grill. I always get the chicken with grilled veggies and a yummy mushroom, onion, cheesy dish that I put on top. My mouth is watering as I write this. It's super affordable but bring cash as they do not take credit or debit cards. The owners take some time off after the winter holiday, so do some research before you make a long trip in the winter. People travel far and wide to eat here. Rumor has it that it was one of Julia Child's favorite Mexican restaurants in Santa Barbara. This is our family's favorite place to eat in SB. Our return house guests always want to go back too.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Heard about this place and went with two others during a garden tour. We were hungry and the smells coming out the door were definitely inviting. We ordered a lot of food (the other two didn't have breakfast) so got to try many dishes. My favs were the chicken enchiladas with a red and white sauce and lots of guacamole on top and the chili rellanos. We left feeling full, happy and ready to walk some more. Would I come here again? Oh yes, but at an "off-time" when lines are not so long.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

So glad we were with a local, as she showed us this little dive that had some of the best
tacos ever. The three of us each got something different and then we all got a couple of
bites of each. So, we enjoyed their vegetarian tamale - YUM, and a chicken with grilled veggies taco, also a spicy pork taco and a side of rice and beans. I will say, the beans were nothing
special, but we enjoyed all the rest immensely! Also, service was fast and it was a nice
comfortable, family - type atmosphere.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Totally enjoyed the food, the ambiance and the speedy service. We ordered everything from the guacamole, to the chorizo with melted cheese, a pork dish, a pasilla chile dish, a beef dish and several others. All 5 of us raved on all the dishes we ordered & shared. Very affordable & delicious & well worth the trip.