“Super Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The long line in front of La Super-Rica is your first clue... The food at La Super-Rica is fresh and delicious. They feature an extensive menu consisting of various kinds of tacos as well as daily specials. The service is very friendly and everything is prepared to order. There is a very tiny parking lot (holds about 3 cars) so be prepared to park on the street. The patio dining area is good sized and very comfortable -- especially on a day when the weather is nice. There's also an indoor eating area with limited seating. The day of my visit, I had 2 pork tacos and 1 steak taco. The meat was piled high onto my tortillas and it was tasty and delicious. Everytime I visit Santa Barbara I make a point to visit La Super-Rica.

1  Thank MRO_13

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great place, a bit rustic,but the homemade tortilla's are awesome. I recommend the # 16 ,roasted pasilla chille w/cheese,pork and three tortilla's. Expect a wait if prime time (saturday @12-1pm) line goes out to the middle of the street.. Recommend, drop someone off for spot in line and u go park the vehicle where u can.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

No wait at all at 615pm on a Saturday evening. Place got busier as time went on. My husband and I shared small pork taco and the larger #16 with the cheese and peppers. Took maybe 20 minutes, but was delicious ......good beer, too.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This may be the most unpresuming restaurant you'll visit while traveling, but the tacos are just out of this world. Go in, and enjoy!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

As we ordered at the window, we watched a woman hand press tortillas and put them on the grill next to various meats. A short time later, we tried our good assortment of tacos. All the tacos are stuffed and the corn tortillas are doubled up, so really you can get two tacos from each order. We found the chicken to be the best. The carne asada, pork, carne adovaca tacos were all pretty good, but I prefer my meat charred rather than grilled. The corn tortillas were from Maseca so they were nice and fresh, but lacked the good corn flavor of whole grain corn. The salsas were pretty good as was the guacamole. I found their food to be on the pricey side for a taqueria ($3.50 for one taco) and hoped for better, but what we got was pretty good.