“Fresh and good, but that's it”

La Super-Rica Taqueria
Ranked #37 of 553 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Heard many great things about this place. It's a little shack of a place, "real" mexican food. The food is definately made fresh and to order, and it's good. But I didn't find it so great I would recommend anyone go out of their way to eat there.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Oh YES! A definitely NOT-TO-MISS Santa Barbara dining establishment. Got to go! Here's a few reasons why:

- Homemade Tortillas
- Homemade Tamales- (LOVE the vegetarian ones!)
- Homemade Guacamole served in homemade Tortillas
- Reasonably priced
- Generous with ice! Gave us two big cups full!
- Easy to find location
- Patio dining
- Julia Child ate here & if's good enough for Julia, its good enough for ME!

Perhaps people look at it as a 'tourist trap' but who cares?! The food is good, authentic and cheap- whats NOT to like about that? Especially in Santa Barbara!!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I love waiting for my order while watching the women expertly making tortillas the old fashioned way! The menu has items you may not have tried elsewhere. Kinda like home cooking...I love it.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Have been here twice, hoping to love it, but though fine, nothing special, though I do enjoy the freshly made tortillas. Mostly it seems like a tourist trap with people showing up from all over (SB and out of towners, judging by conversations overheard in line), with a long line out the door, and I do mean long if you show up at the wrong time. I've been lucky and only waited about 15-20 minutes, but have seen the line twice as long on my way out. One thing, if you do decide to go, while the food was just good but not great, I did love the watermelon agua fresca... Seasonal, definitely worth it. For a great taqueria in S B though, I'll keep looking.

1  Thank 50waystogo
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Oh my goodness, the food here is exceptional. No wonder it was one of Julia Child's favorite places in Santa Barbara. All food is made on-site...you can even watch them rolling out the tortillas. Because this is a well-known and well-loved local place (off the tourist route) there is always a line of people waiting out the door to place their orders. The inside is not recommended for dining - take it home and have a feast! For less than $60 we were able to order food for five - and have enough to feed another 3 people. We chatted with someone in line who said he had moved away 20 years prior but always stopped to eat when in town. With all of the fine dining restaurants in Santa Barbara, it is a pleasure to experience what the locals enjoy!