“must try the steam clam” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brophy Bros.

Brophy Bros.
Ranked #10 of 526 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We are a casual seafood house that is located right on the dock in the Santa Barbara Harbor. You’ll find a bustling scene of fisherman, young professionals and sand-sprinkled beach-goers nearly every night of the week at this true-blue waterfront institution. Dungeness crab cocktail, oysters on the half-shell and fried shrimp round out the “small” menu offerings. Fresh fish specials, such as grilled white sea bass from local waters, mahi mahi dusted in Cajun spices and pan-blackened local yellowtail, are highlights on the “long” menu. No matter what, libations are always in order at this locals’ favorite gathering place. Everyone is welcome at Brophy's, hope to see you soon.
HK
“must try the steam clam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

forget the baked clams, you can't taste the claims with the stuffed seasonings. steam claims with broth, however, is a totally different story. must try !!
the place does not take reservation and you need to get in line early, which is not too bad as they tend to serve food fast and give you the bill before ahoy are done

• Korean first
Santa Maria CA
“Very Good and "just OK"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Have heard good things about Brophy Bros. for years, finally got there.
It is VERY popular -was packed on a Monday lunch in Summer.
My wife, who has been there before, had the salmon special which she said was very good,
I had the cioppino which was "just OK". I think of ciopinno as SEAFOOD stew,their version is LOTS of vegetables with SOME seafood.
Guess I should have had fish and chips, which I hear are great- next time.

Stevensville, Montana
“Fish and Chips!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Came up from Ventura County to meet family and had to stop at Brophy's. Best fish and chips in SB. Clam chowder is pretty good but I wish it was thicker. Get there early! They don't take reservations.

Roseburg
“The view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I just returned from my first trip to Santa Barbara. My friend, whos family has been in the area for YEARS, took me to Brophy's. We were arriving after the typical lunch hour but due to the 4th of July long weekend, it was SLAMMED. We had their beer battered shrimp was was very good. I would have loved to have returned to try some other menu items, but we were short on time. Everything I saw being served looked really good.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dietcoke22
Carpinteria, California
“My favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Brophy's literally has my two favorite foods! I craved their clam chowder and garlic baked clams when I was away at college in San Diego for the past 4 years. I have been countless times since a young age and never have had a bad experience. The trick is going before the rush and not having a large party because they don't take reservations (typical of a lot of restaurants in the area). And now that I'm 21, their bloody mary has also become a favorite. Seriously though, I've thought about becoming a cook there just to get their recipes. No one even comes close to Brophy's.