“Healthy & delicious!”
Review of Alchemy Arts Cafe

Alchemy Arts Cafe
Ranked #359 of 548 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Walnut kale salad---I went back three times just to eat this healthy masterpiece. There are other things on the menu that look equally healthy and delicious, but this is what I wanted. Simply perfect and the space is so lovely and tranquil.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We walked into Alchemy and loved the design of the place. The menu itself listed some interesting sounding vegetarian dishes that enticed us. However, once we received our food we were disappointed. My salad was missing ingredients that I was not pre-warned about - I had to ask the waiter where they were. In saying that, my salad was prepared well, that is in comparison to what my boyfriend ordered which were some nori rolls. They looked like a child prepared them and were not that tasty nor filling, as described. He left famished!! We ordered smoothies which were alright but not thick at all and overpriced for what's in them. I'm not even sure if all the ingredients listed were in my protein power smoothie. I ordered it without protein and still paid the full amount, yet my salad came minus quinoa and I wasn't discounted! Doesn't seem right. Probably wouldn't return.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

What a find! I was looking for a Kundalini yoga class and attended one here in the morning. After the class, which by the way, was excellent, I had breakfast at the cafe. I chose the poached eggs with sprouted quinoa and steamed vege greens- a healthy, protein-packed breakfast and perfect after a yoga class. I also had a divine drink which was coffee, cacao, almond milk and coconut milk. Totall yummy experience

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Right next door to Adama (a more 'conventional' vegan restaurant is that isn't a tautology) this edgy offshoot restaurant from a day spa had very unusual, creative, and creative / boundary stretching dishes. Check the menu out to see if you want to orbit this far outside of the expectable.

1  Thank MyMeta4
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stopped by on the way to a yoga class nearby. I totally expected a pharmacy or weird art gallery. What a surprise to find out it's a cozy restaurant with amazingly healthy foods, many of which I'd never heard of. I had a juicer with raw coconut juice, pineapple crushed and mint. It was light, frothy, tasty and revved my up for my intense sweaty yoga. I can't wait to try it again for a sit-down lunch.