17 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 12/02/21
Official Hotel
$143
Free cancellation until 12/02/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$239
Hotels.com$223
Destinia.com$250
1,242 results
All reviews wine tasting fire pit valet parking across the street ocean view valet staff state street perfect location west beach great room continental breakfast beautiful grounds boutique hotel road trip bikes sutton wharf
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Close to most everything. What I have appreciated the most is the friendly service we got from Mykal each morning when we went to enjoy the complimentary continental breakfast. Always greets us with a smile and answers all questions we have about the area. The hotel's entire staff are friendly. Mykal is the best.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Garrett G, Manager at Hotel Milo Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us and for leaving such positive comments on one of our team members. We try very hard to provide a high level of service while making your stay in Santa Barbara a memorable one. Please come visit us again soon and thanks again for your posting.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

The location is great, no doubt about it. Our stay however was not so great. First, the front desk is completely unorganized and check-in was more difficult than needed. They didn't even offer to take our bags to the room, which was on the opposite side of the hotel. Once we checked in, we headed to the room to drop our bags off only to see the cleaning staff was still in the room, so we waited outside until they were done. Nearly 15 minutes.

Next, we received a call from the hotel hours after check-in to confirm if in fact we had checked-in. It was a very unsettling feeling and left us worried for our belongings for the rest of the night. Later, we returned and I wanted to speak with the front desk to make sure everything was ok, the young lady at the front desk had apologized and said she will send a complimentary bottle of wine and discount the room for the inconvenience. Neither of these happened, and honestly I wasn't holding my breath since the stay up to that point had already been awful.

The next day we decided to order some food and eat in our room. The restaurant did not provide silverware, so I called the front desk to see if they had some and asked if it could be sent to the room. This request was not fulfilled and I needed to walk nearly 2 blocks, yes 2 blocks, to obtain silverware from the front desk! To pay nearly $400/night and not receive even the most basic of service and amenities is unacceptable. Not to mention, they we're already aware that our stay was less than satisfactory up to that point.

Finally, a charge had appeared on my credit card for a mini bar purchase that was never made. It took me 30 minutes to get a hold of someone at the hotel to rectify the situation as nobody was picking up the phone. It's amazing to me that a place of business simply doesn't answer the phone, but then again I wasn't surprised at this.

All in all the stay was not good and the service was pathetic, and I actually feel sorry for those working because I think they're trying. I have stayed in budget hotel chains that offered a better experience than this place for a fraction of the cost. The staff was incompetent and did not know how to even function. Independent Collection should be ashamed to have their name attached to this brand, and I advise either implementing some standards and terminating those who are not capable of doing their job properly, or it will be a bumpy road.

Best Western is down the street, stay there!

ATTN: Management - If you would like to talk some more, let's talk.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank njv924
Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

We stayed a few extra days in Santa Barbara after attending a wedding in Central coast. It reminds me so much of Caribbean resorts and we loved just sitting in the outdoor area, which is nicely landscaped with great views of the ocean and pier. I would definitely stay here again on a return trip.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Jacqueline- I was smiling so much when I read you recent posting this makes Hotel Milo team so happy. The Caribbean is such a beautiful spot and I would have to completely agree with you as it reminds me of that setting as well. We try our very best to magnify our location and being in beautiful Santa Barbara, while offering great service to all of our guests. Please come back and visit us soon, and thanks again for such great comments.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

We had a wonderful time here. Our labrador retriever mix also did! The staff were terrific; the valets very friendly and helpful; room very nice; location great. Very nice that you can bring your dog. We also loved having a room in the back where there was a small patio area and hammock and a convenient gate to exit the property and take the dog for a walk. The grassy public area in the middle of the hotel was a very nice element as well -- pretty, peaceful, nice dog walk place too. Continental breakfast was adequate; very nice dining area with inside and outside options. The fire pits at nice were a nice touch -- nice to hang out by the fire and relax.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Junebug892- Thank you so much for posting about your recent stay hear at Hotel Milo. We are very lucky to have a great location in this beautiful town, oceanfront. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you again for taking the time to post. Please don't stay away to long we would love to have you back again soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

I recently stayed at Hotel Milo and was very disappointed. We returned to our room at 5pm and it had not been made up during the day. When I complained I was informed at reception that we had to request this service as rooms were not automatically made up..... First hotel I've stayed in where that's the rule! We saw homeless people sleeping rough on the grass area of the hotel and the common areas were covered in uncollected dog excrement from people having free access to the premises from the street to walk their dogs on the lawn. The parking charges were excessive and you could not park your car on site having paid in advance for parking without using the valet parking service. Also, as mentioned in other reviews, the walls were paper thin and we could hear conversations from below us as well as either sides of our room. This hotel charged in excess of $350 (inclusive of parking and tax) per night for the privilege. Need I say more.......??

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank MauriceLeo

First off, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post on your recent stay. However, I am sorry to hear that you had some challenges during your stay because we strive to make each guest stay a pleasant one. In regards to your room we do clean rooms each and every day so I am sorry we did not get to your room until 5pm, which is unusual and our mistake. But to clarify what our staff was trying to convey which is that if you would like your room cleaned at a certain time we can defiantly do that upon request, but once again I am sorry for getting to clean your room until so late. You had mentioned the grassy area in the middle of our hotel and that is actually city property where the locals play games on the weekends and walk their dogs. We do monitor that as much as possible but that is in fact city property. I am sorry once again you had so many challenges during your stay but if you warm up to trying us again we would love to have you back and please contact myself directly. Thank you for your posting.