“Customer Service Needs Serious Improvement”
Review of Sea Spa Santa Barbara - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sea Spa Santa Barbara
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa designed for those who wish to escape today's hectic lifestyle and improve their overall well-being.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Customer Service Needs Serious Improvement”
Reviewed December 18, 2003

I visited Sea Spa on my recent trip to Santa Barbara and was disappointed with my experience there. I am a big fan of spas and frequent them wherever I travel, whether in the U.S. or abroad.
Basically, what I look for in a spa, is a "healing" type of atmosphere where I can feel relaxed, rejuvenated, and peaceful. And I look for brilliant customer service. But unfortunately, I found Sea Spa to be fundamentally lacking in all these areas. Although I wouldn't have known this by the way the facility looks because visually, it is very lovely. So based on looks, my expectation was high. But you cannot judge a book by its cover. Service is everything... it is the true soul of a spa. So what about the soul of Sea Spa? My opinion is that the "soul" at Sea Spa was far more "business" oriented that client oriented. I actually became stressed out because I felt I was being pressured with sales tactics. In general I found the staff to be a little rude and domineering. This is not a spa where I felt comfortable making requests either. Any requests I made at the spa (regarding anything from treatment styles or add-ons, to payment methods, to scheduling issues) were followed by an authoritative "lecture." I rarely once heard "yes, we can try to meet your needs." The overall feeling I got from them is this: "It's our way or the highway." This made me feel like money is the most important issue there. Personally, this is not a spa I would ever visit again, nor would I recommend it to anyone. Sorry to say... but true.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member