“UCSB family Vacation Center...AMAZING vacation for any family!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara Family Vacation Center
Santa Clarita, California
“UCSB family Vacation Center...AMAZING vacation for any family!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We can't say enough about the FVC. We have returned summer after summer (going on #7!), and feel it is the best vacation for our family. Our children are kept busy all day, every day, but amazing counselors. The staff makes sure everyone has a blast, and everyone is HAPPY! Adults have a million things to do as well. We have yoga, bike rides, wine tasting, tennis, 27 mile bike rides, adult night out, casino night,....and the list goes on. My kids are teenagers now, and still love the VC so much! We have created family memories that will last forever, and my kids have made strong and lasting friendships with the kids they have met throughout the years at the VC. The food is amazing, so many choices! The dining commons offers healthy choices, as well as brick oven pizza and a tom of other things for every varied taste. Book your week now, you won't be sorry!!!!! FVC, the BEST vacation for every family!!!!!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Mountain View, California, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our friends had been going to UCSB FVC for 8 years running, and recommended it. You know how sometimes, with small kids, it seems like too much work to get on a plane, fly somewhere, rent a car, rent a house/crib/high chair, find activities to do, figure our what to eat... With this all inclusive vacation, you don't have to plan or think!!!

This place is amazing! We had so much fun at "family camp." I felt like I was in college again (in a good way). We went kayaking, wine tasting, biking, running, yoga... Karaoke... Your family sleeps in the dorms, so it's not luxury, but it's nice because you get a suite, which means the kids have their own room. Private bathroom for the family, no worries there! Meals are included, so no cooking... which means no cleaning... No thinking or planning activities... You eat in a cafeteria, but it's decent food. The kids loved it, being able to pick their own food every meal. And the campus is oceanfront. On the beach. Amazing!

My 3 year old daughter was so excited about the kids activities she got herself up and dressed every day so she wouldn't be late. We asked her if she liked family camp and she said, "No... I LOVE family camp!" The counselors were great. They truly seem to enjoy working here.

My 1 year old son was going through some separation anxiety, so he cried every time we dropped him off, but the counselors were wonderful. They held him the whole time and took him on walks, he wasn't left to cry.

We are going back again next summer, and I can't wait...

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
santa cruz
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We love the FVC.
When our son was 1 1/2, I was looking for a vacation- I needed to find a place where I could have some time to myself also instead of just running after my son. I was "surfing" the internet and found the FVC. It sounded great so we signed up and I couldn't be happier. My now 6 year old counts the days until we go back, he has pictures of his favorite staffer on his wall and comes back in love with a new counsilor every year.
My husband loves the tennis.
I love the yoga and other activities.
We love our time together knowing our son is safe and happy.
We go the same week every year and catch up with our "yearly" friends..
I could not recommned this place more.
If you are a stressed out tired parent this place is for you.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Could not recommend the FVC any higher. Have gone for the last two summers with the wife and 2 young kids. Best vacation we could possibly go on - everyone gets to do what they want and the family reunites for meals and special events.

The accommodations are not luxurious. So if you won't be happy unless it's the Four Seasons, this isn't for you. But if you love your family, and don't need to spend 24/7 with your kids, then it's ideal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Los Alamitos, California
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We've been going to the UCSB Family Vacation Center for five years now and love it! Imagine a land-locked cruise ship with all the activities to enjoy and the freedom to do nothing at all, if you choose. The staff is excellent and the counselors are terrific with the children. This last summer we brought our 8, 10, and 15 year old kids and each one of them had a blast - even the teenager! The FVC has many adult-themed evening activities as well, and the counselors do double-duty as baby sitters, so we could enjoy our evenings out.

The UCSB campus has much to offer in the way of activities and most, if not all, are available to the vacationers at FVC. I brought my bicycle up for the first time this past Summer and went on several rides around Goleta and Santa Barbara. There are bike paths around the "dorms" as well, so kids have a safe place to ride.

So many great things to do and all this with the security of knowing your children are having a ball with well-trained, fun-loving counselors. You really have got to try the FVC!

Room Tip: We've only stayed in "the tower" which is San Rafael. In that building, the higher you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were looking for a family vacation that was within California and just by googling "family vacation California" we found the FVC in Santa Barbara. All the reviews we read were excellent so with some trepidation we decided to give it a go. I say with some trepidation because we had never been to a week long all inclusive vacation before and weren't sure if this would cater to our needs, or if we would like it. We were pleasantly surprised, our 7 year old loved it, there were lots of activities to do. If you are looking for a high end vacation, this is probably not the place for you. The rooms are dorm style, beds are a bit hard, the food is in the cafeteria but is not usual student fare. Despite this, it is the time away from home and the fact that it is all inclusive that is appealing. You can do anything from the great list of activities or do nothing at all. There is no deciding what to cook, where to eat, having to cleaning up etc. The staff is friendly and our son is already planning what he'll do when we go back next year!!! Many people we met have been going for years. It is that good. Just depends on what you are looking for. We enjoyed it.

2 Thank asfiabrendan
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have been coming to the Family Vacation Center for 4 summers. What a wonderful week it is. The staff is truly amazing. Not only are they totally engaging with all children, but they are extremely talented and we are lucky enough to see them perform in a variety of shows throughout the week. My kids are ages 8 and 10 and they have the time of their lives. There is something to do for everyone and if you are like me then it is the perfect mix of being with your kids and getting a nice break from them as well. Campfire, athletics, hiking, bingo night, are just a few things that keep people coming year after year. I highly recommend this vacation. You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed July 2012
#1 of 16 in Santa Barbara
Brisas Del Mar, Inn At The Beach
Brisas Del Mar, Inn At The Beach
#11 of 52 in Santa Barbara

Been to Santa Barbara Family Vacation Center? Share your experiences!