“Very Cool.”

Moreton Bay Fig Tree
Ranked #15 of 149 things to do in Santa Barbara
Reviewed July 23, 2013

What an awesome sight. Too bad there was no info posted anywhere so that you could learn the history of the tree.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"santa"
"pier"

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This tree is something you should certainly see when you're in Santa Barbara. Many reviewers complained that the tree is difficult to find, so I am going to post dummy-proof directions. Start at Enterprise Fish Company located at 225 State St. Act like you are exiting this restaurant, and turn to your left (north), now you should see a busy road--that's Route 101. Walk towards Route 101 until the sidewalk ends, now you are on Montecito St. Turn left (west) on Montecito. Walk until the intersection of Montecito and Chapala Streets. You're there!

2  Thank DigbyRonnie
Reviewed July 10, 2013

It was hard to find, out of the way and not worth it. The SB Mission has a very large fig tree and it can be see amongst the beautiful gardens of the Mission itself. A better use of time.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

When I told my husband and boys that I wanted to go see the big fig tree they thought I had lost my mind! When we finally found it they thought it was the coolest thing! My boys are 10 & 16 and they loved visiting and seeing the awesome tree!

3  Thank Christy H