All reviews rooms are small train station glass door state street location is great room size walking distance common areas private patio first floor wine tasting short stay few blocks stayed one night upon check the main street funk
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2019

NOTE: If I had wanted to be near the beach, I'd have given it four stars.
The hotel is very pretty - nice contemporary design. But he rooms are small. Having six pillows on the bed doesn't make the room look larger. There is no full-size closet, just two drawers with a space above to hang clothes.
The rooms have hardwood floors, so if you are on the first floor, there can be noise from above. Other reviews mentioned noise from the trains passing by, but I did not hear it at all and I am usually very sensitive to noise, and my room was on the side facing the tracks.
It took an incredibly long time for hot water to come on in the sink - is their water heater in Goleta ? The fitness center is tiny - a treadmill, an elliptical, and some light dumbbells - 12 lbs. max.
There is coffee and tea in the lobby in the morning. (I wasn't told about this when I checked in, nor was I told that the trestle bench to put your suitcase on was under the bed.)
There's an art gallery and art library on the second floor. The restaurant serves Mexican food and is very popular - crowded in late afternoon and evening.
Overall, if you want to be near the beach, it's a reasonable choice.

Room tip: I assume that the rooms facing away from the tracks are quieter.
Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Out_of_valley
HISB S, Manager at Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Dear Out_of_valley,
Thank you for your review! We are a Euro Style designed hotel, making our rooms slightly smaller, because of the building that we are located in. We do heavily advertise on our website as well as on our social media pages that our rooms are on the smaller scale. We do hope that you stay with us again in the near future. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed August 3, 2019

Positives: great location, weather, & excellent front desk staff – very attentive, friendly & helpful in providing info. Best staff experience in a while. Booked a K-size bedroom w/patio. The vibe was eclectic/hip, but SMALL. Approx. 13'x 11', w/20” around the bed before you run into the built-in desk/wardrobe. The chair had to be pulled out & moved to get into bed. The wardrobe area had a coffeemaker, safe,& iron/board w\ a vinyl shade(masquerading as a door) to cover those amenities. Not enough room to fully open our luggage, which stood upright most of our stay. The bathroom – approx. 6’x 6’. Shower was interesting. The curtain hung from a track in the ceiling (like in an ER). A hinged glass partition next to the toilet had to be pushed perpendicular to the wall when showering. The partition had to be pushed back to access the toilet. The patio was lackluster. A tiny bistro table flanked by 2 chairs, not much bigger than stools. It had the potential to be a fabulous if the ambiance was executed well. Walls were acoustically challenged. Conversations in neighboring rooms were heard unintentionally. Great times were had, but not for others on the floor. I tried NOT to be a killjoy, but 3 AM rolled around with no end in sight. I called the FD to request some quiet time, we were leaving SB in 4 hours. Lessons learned: take reviews with a grain of salt, request to see the room before you finalize check-in, & don’t be salty to the employees if the room isn’t what you expected.

Date of stay: July 2019
HISB S, Manager at Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2019

Dear TechGal-PA,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback about your stay here at Hotel Indigo, Santa Barbara. We're sorry to read that the room was not what you had expected it to be. We do heavily advertise on our website, as well as on our social media pages, that we are a Euro Style designed hotel. As for the noise, if you do choose to stay with us again in the future, our front desk staff would be more than happy to give you a room closer to the back of the hotel, where it is more quiet. We do hope you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed July 28, 2019

This was my first visit to the property. I knew this was a restored Spanish style building, typical for Downtown Santa Barbara. I had read some other reviews which mentioned the rooms and bathrooms were quite small, therefore I had the expectation of finding an uncomfortable accommodation. I was quite surprised to experience a lovely facility. From the moment I arrived, the front desk clerk who checked me in was professional and a cut above the typical person I deal with in this position. The room was small but not cramped, tastefully designed and decorated. The bathroom was quite nice actually, high end fixtures and design. I had no problem showering and shaving comfortably. I was on the ground floor and had access to a nice little private outdoor patio which was landscaped and decorated to perfection, I felt very safe and comfortable sitting out there at night. My room was toward the rear of the hotel and I did not have any of the noise issues from the adjacent restaurant that other reviewers have mentioned. Perhaps when making a reservation or checking in one should request a room towards the rear of the hotel to avoid potential noise issues. Overall this was a wonderful experience, no negatives or deficiencies whatsoever. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Request a room towards rear of hotel to avoid noise from adjacent restaurant
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Keith,
Thank you for such a great review; we really appreciate it! We're so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you had a comfortable and memorable stay. We do hope to welcome you back again real soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

The Hotel itself is pretty, is ideally located on the main street and a short walk from the pier.

They don't have a Restaurant but share the building with a populat mexican restaurant, which also serves the hotel breakfast and room service.

Staff is friendly, hotel is clean and the rooms are cozy (bit small :D) and nicely designed. we had a patio which was a nice add on.

BUT ... 48$ for a parking which is valet only is rediculous and outrageous. The parking lot holds about 20cars and is outside the hotel - you drive on it about 6ft from your cars overnight place and he then parks it there for you - all this for 48$. Why dont you cut the price down to 20$ and make it self parking - I did 3/4 of it anyway.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear BryanA1670,
Thank you for reviewing Hotel Indigo, Santa Barbara. We appreciate all of your feedback and hope you stay with us again in the near future!

Reviewed June 17, 2019

I was a bit worried about this hotel with reviews but don't be. They have listened to negatives and provided 3 options for parking at different rates and also have tried to address any noise. We didn't hear noise during our 3 days. They provided free bikes which was great for an hour's trip along the beach. The rooms were lovely and clean and had everything we needed plus more - flavoured water in reception, coffee, snacks and treats incl jelly sweets in room!! Would stay here every time in Santa Barbara and location couldn't be better.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Amanda G, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2019

Dear Chelt64,
Your review made our day! 3 days a is great amount of time to explore Santa Barbara and we're glad our staff members helped you make the best of your trip! One of the perks of being a boutique hotel is having unique local amenities for our guests. We hope to welcome you back to our central location!