Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara
La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara Downtown(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$209
  • Breakfast included
Franciscan Inn & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$136
Harbor House Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$245
Hotels.com
Montecito Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$155
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$179
BestWestern.com
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
$351
$300
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Harbor View Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$265
  • Pool
Brisas Del Mar, Inn At The Beach(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$239
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$208
$164
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooms are smalltrain stationglass dooreuropean stylegarden patiostate streetthe urban wine trailmodern hotellocation is greatshower stallrailroad trackswithin walking distancesmall patioshort stayfirst floorwine tastingfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel made our Santa Barbara experience even better! The staff was very friendly and helpful about the area, and it is in walking distance to so many points of interest. Very enjoyable hotel experience!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank JohnEtSarah
Amanda L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear JohnetSarah,
Thank you for the great review; it made our day! We’re glad you had a fun experience exploring our local neighborhood and surrounding attractions. Our staff would love to make even more recommendations on your next visit!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed one night in the hotel. In general it was a nice modern hotel which we like. Rooms and main lobby were nicely decorated. The only 2 things you should note as a traveller is the rooms are tiny and bathrooms even smaller. so if you have a lot of luggage it could be a problem. It's very similar style room to business hotels in Europe. Also I'd say the hotel carries sound more than most hotels and there is an early morning train that went by when we stayed, we laughed at whether that is why there where ear plugs supplied.
There was also no swimming pool but since you're close to the beach that probably not an issue.

One of the real positives was that the hotel was very close to all the action in downtown. it wasn't right in the middle so you didn't have large groups of people around the hotel but you got to downtown in a few minutes which was great.

All in all a good option to stay. Prices in general in Santa Barbara so it's hard to say it's too expensive for what it is, but give me this place over a holiday inn any day.

Room Tip: Ask for the biggest they have ;o)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for the positive review! We're glad you enjoyed trying out Hotel Indigo as a change from Holiday Inn and were happy with the location. We hope to see you on your next visit to Santa Barbara!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Found hotel through Trip Advisor. Husband and I stayed for 2 nights in a room with King bed with garden patio. Thank goodness for the patio or else it would have really felt to crammed. Train station noise wasn't an issue although the thin walls between rooms was. Could hear EVERYTHING (if you know what I mean) from upstairs guests. Room was so small with the King bed that it was difficult for 2 people to even walk by each other. Water pressure was poor and no refrigerator. Also, Anchor Grill restaurant attached next door is under construction and closed.

Pros: The hotel staff were so friendly and personable. They made great restaurant recommendations with free appetizer coupons to Enterprise Fish Company Restaurant which was delish! Items that needed refrigeration could be stored in employee refrigerator. Staff was more that happy to retrieve things from cooler. Has a couple bicycles for guests to use. Also, had Aveda shampoo, conditioner, and lotion in rooms. Best location, with coffee shop, and surf shop right around the corner.

Room Tip: Get a room with a garden patio so you can open the doors and it wont feel as crammed.
1  Thank drinkgreentea
Amanda L, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear drinkgreentea,
Thank you for leaving us a review regarding your recent stay at Hotel Indigo. You are right, our rooms are compact and eco-friendly with a small footprint which we like to convey to our guests before their stay; it’s great you had garden patio room to enjoy the warm early fall weather. I appreciate you bringing the water pressure up to our attention; for next time we do have a maintenance department available to fix any issues when notified. The restaurant is temporarily closed and will be reopening next month with a new menu and interior which we are very excited about! I’m glad you explored the area and took our staff’s recommendation to check out our local neighbor, Enterprise Fish Company. Thanks again for your pro’s and con’s on your stay in Santa Barbara.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Upon arrival I really liked this hotel. My Fiance and I were on a trip through Califronia and Santa Barbara happened to be one of our 3 stops - we traveled with 4 other friends during our stay in SB. The hotel is really cute and has a great location. The staff were extremely friendly upon arrival. The rooms are a little on the smaller side.

While we were getting ready for dinner, my Fiance noticed some black dots on the white sheets of the bed. Upon closer examination, we saw at least 15 small ants crawling in the bed. He made his way down to the hotel lobby to let the staff know about the ants and they moved us one door over. We did not find any more ants in our room, but another couple that we were traveling with found ants in their bed the following morning. When we were checking out, we told the front deck staff again. She responded that because of the construction in the restaurant on the first floor that they have been having ant problems and brushed it off as if it were normal. I normally never complain about hotels as I travel often, but I thought that the way this was handled was unfortunate. The last part that was disappointing, was that following our trip, Hotel Indigo emailed me with a survey to fill out about my stay and I received an email from the "guest relations" manager that started she was sorry about my experience, but that they checked the room and didn't find any ants and she hopes I stay with them again.

Also FYI - there is loud construction going on at the hotel.

The ant experience actually didn't even ruin our stay, but the customer service aspect did, and I will likely be finding another hotel to stay at during my next trip to Santa Barbara.

2  Thank beachbum4843

Dear beachbum4843,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay. Our front desk associates appreciate you bringing this issue to their attention and were happy to have another room available right away. The comfort of our guests is our highest priority, as well as spotlessly clean rooms; the appropriate department was notified so precautions could be taken immediately. Remodel construction in our restaurant is temporarily taking place during normal business hours since we will be opening an exciting new restaurant next month. Please contact me directly at the hotel if you need any further assistance. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'd never stayed at a "boutique" hotel, but there has to be a first for everything. The entire staff was genuinely interested in me and my comfort and needs. Everyone greeted me with a smile and a "how may I help you" attitude. The adjoining restaurant has very healthy, tasty, and moderately priced food. I will warn those looking for a traditional hotel, that this one uses space very efficiently. Yes, it means the room is "snug", but functional. I actually met the owner, who lives on the property.

Dear pktheaudioguy,
We’re glad your first boutique hotel stay was a pleasant one; as a smaller property we enjoy being able to give extra attention and detail to ‘customize’ each of our guest’s experiences in Santa Barbara. Thank you for you for the excellent review!