“Good deal for a lunch buffet”
Review of India House

India House
Ranked #452 of 563 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I didn't t read the reviews before going to that place if I would I had picked up another place.no idea what people are expecting from a 8.99 dollars lunch buffet on the Main Street in Santa Barbara .we had good food with plenty of choice.every different plate came with its own flavour, fresh cooked and decorous enough .service was quick and friendly.if you know enough by Indian food you should also know that the food is never served too hot but in a mild temperature.i would recommend the place for the lunch buffet.indian people are often shy that doesn't mean they are unfriendly .

Reviewed January 26, 2014

What a colorful completely fun evening at India House! It was Bollywood dance party night and there was exceptional sitar playing with great tabla drummer then more live music to be finished with a fabulous Indian dance instructor who managed to teach a large group an authentic Bollywood routine. Really amazing! Love to just enjoy the great interior filled with Indian antiques and people watch. The buffet was a tasty collection of tandoor and curry dishes and we washed it down with a great beer (1000?) All in all we would say this is a must do when in Santa Barbara.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

***Please read this before wasting your money in the worst quality Indian food. All the food was very old and outdated. If you eat from this restaurant then you will waste your money -Instead please please go to some other restaurant. I went with my friends,the food seemed to be very old(I think it was cooked before at least 2-3 days.After that they do not keep the old food hot. The food temperature should be high enough so that it does not spoil. The curry tasted very horrible and it was not like a real Indian food as we have expected. I have never got this type of bad quality Indian food in my life in USA .

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Should have known seeing the restaurant rather empty during dinner rush hour. Asked for hot water and got a dirty pot water came out with some black particles.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is a beautiful restaurant and our server was very nice but rarely seen. However, the food was seriously awful. Strange-tasting chicken vindaloo (with barely any chicken) followed virtually inedible samosas. And it was expensive! Almost $50 for 2 people with no beverages. The restaurant is also chilly... On a brisk winter evening, I was shivering at our table.