“Poor service - poor food”
Review of India House

India House
Ranked #436 of 548 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The decor was very good but the food and service were substandard. I love good food but I like to say that at India house, although we went for a buffet, we left hungry. I will never go back.

1  Thank Kev P

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We live in an area in the UK with a large Asian population with lots of curry houses. Although not the best curry we've tasted, Inida House would hold it's own.

We didn't see the previous two reviews and gald we didn't as we wouldn't have gone, but we did enjoy the meal we had. The service wasn't great as both servers seemed almost shy, but they were friendly enough.

Fod portions were generous and I really enoyed the combination platter, something I've never seen in the UK. We opted to sit on the floor cushions and this added to the ambience.

four meals, with rice, breads and drinks no desert or startes came to $97. we left feeling we were vey full and had a good meal. I'd go back again.

Thank Needmoreholdiays!
Reviewed July 3, 2013

There was no smile on owners face , have asked for put on FAN , water -

food taste was very bad - I am 100% sure they served us previous day cook food.

He should be bann from Santa Barbara authority.

There are so many other options available on same street - chipotle, Thai food etc.

Don't ever try this place.

1  Thank Vikas T
Reviewed June 15, 2013

It was awful! The buffet selection was just dire.The only good thing to come out of this visit was the complimentary water they gave you on arrival.

1  Thank Iain M
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Tried to eat here but could not. At $8.95 (which seems cheap) we felt the value was not worth the buffet. The buffet had three items. The entire restaurant was filthy, covered in dust. They wanted to charge our two year old full price even though she wasn't going to eat. The entire restaurant was empty. Really disappointing because it looks cute from outside.

1  Thank Rachel4785