“Great Pizza and Service”
Review of Olio Pizzeria

Olio Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Olio Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 548 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: State
Description: Authentic Italian pizzeria with pizza counter, wine, artisanal beer & full bar and European hospitality.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ordered take out over the phone. The lady who answered was very warm and friendly. The pizza I ordered (sausage and mushroom) was delicious (though no longer warm by the time I arrived home), but the panna cotta was not. It wasn't bad; it was just totally underwhelming. It looked and tasted like chocolate pudding. I did order it to-go, so they placed it in a clear plastic cup like you would soda. It looked like mush. I imagine the food would have been best eaten at the restaurant.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Went with friends and had the most wonderful meal. The atmosphere is great and the staff is awesome. We asked our waiter for recommendations and he hit it out of the park. Great wine to go with great food too.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Reviews of Olio Pizzeria were so inviting that I chose to dine there on my birthday. Unfortunately, the experience was nothing like the expectation. Service was quite rushed and disinterested. Tables are so close together that waiters kept bumping into my husband. To be fair, the pizza is very good, but only very good and certainly not excellent. While the crust is nice and thin, the texture is not one bit crisp but very soft and not what I had expected. I hope we just happened in on an off night, but we will not be returning.

1  Thank JCar3cats
Reviewed November 10, 2012

For a great thin crust pizza with very inspired toppings in an upscale but casual setting, you cannot beat Olio Pizzeria behind the flagship Olio e Limone restaurant. Always bustling, it is a lively atmosphere with friendly and efficient service. For Santa Barbara, it is very reasonably priced. Good selection of both Italian and California wines. Check it out, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Waterloonie
Reviewed November 9, 2012

During my recent travels in California, this was one of the places I wanted to review.

This is an excellent pizza restaurant. It's just behind the main Olio, to the right-hand side just past the parking barrier!
As with many places in America/California the customer service at Olio's is great. Timely and friendly, keeping the table re-stocked.
The décor is fairly simple although the restaurant is a good combination of traditional and contemporary with dark wood and white slate walls, and high ceilings at the back.

When I went on a Saturday night (about 8pm), the place was packed with a buzzing atmosphere without being too over-powering. As I was on my own I there was a table available, but it might be worth reserving beforehand just to ensure a table, especially at 'peak times'. A good restaurant for a romantic meal or a small group of friends. The 'sharing' platters are ideal for that.

Excellent food. I had the prawn and avocado pizza, which was a decent size with a thin & crisp base. A great range of food otherwise.
Highly recommended.