“If you love Greek, this is the place!”
Review of Petros

Petros
Reserve with OpenTable
Petros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 531 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hudson, Wisconsin
“If you love Greek, this is the place!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We made a reservation across the street from this place at a small and quiet, yet highly rated, restaurant. As greek food lovers, my wife noticed the sign and looked it up on her phone while we waited for a server. Before our server came, she had found this place and we love Greek food so much, and waited 5 minutes without attention, so we got up and left.....boy were we glad we did!

This place was emply....oddly....which worried us, but the food was outstanding. The design and interior under the tent is tops, and the food was so good. We had the 'sampler' app with warm pita bread....outstanding. I had one of their pizza's and it was also very good. Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012

Lancashire
“A lovely place”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

It was a shame that we visited at the end of the season and the place was quiet. With a full house, I could only imagine it'd be bumping! Despite this, the atmosphere was relaxed and sophisticated.
The menu and food were superb. A few real highlights were:
1. the cocktail - gin, cucumber, st germain, lime..... sublime!
2. the garlic and potato accompaniment.... glad we all ate it or we'd have fallen out driving the day after!
3. 2 of the party said the Sea Bass was notable and are still talking about it
A great restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Dayton, Ohio
“Excellent Greek Food”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

First stumbled upon Petros in Los Olivios, wasnt pleased with the service but the food- YUM! I was so excited to hear one in SB would be opening, and again the food did not disappoint. The venue is lovely as well, I dont know if they worked out their service issues but that was the only downfall.

Visited July 2012
“Well worth it!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Sought out Petros after reading a very positive review in Bon Appetit. We followed the reviewer's recommendation and shared the very generous combo dip. My favorite dip was the taramasalata, made with caviar, but all five dips were very good. We then shared a moussaka, which turned out to be a wise decision as the portion was seriously oversized. The moussaka was most unusual, made as it was almost entirely of well seasoned meat lightly topped with a rich bechamel sauce pungent with cumin. It was easily the best moussaka I have ever had, though the abundance of meat gave it an unusual texture which my dining companion was not altogether sold on. We were much too full for dessert and so regretted we could not fit in the bougsta, a dessert made with phyllo dough that uses a vanilla bean based sauce which was recommended by our knowledgable server. House wines were very good and overall cost was average for Santa Barbara. The modern black and white decor was both striking and appealing. My only criticism is that onstreet parking was tight and Petros does not offer any parking arrangement with the adjacent parking lot.

Santa Barbara, CA
“Great Find, Great Food, Great Service, Wonderful Menu & Bar. $$+”
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

My wife & I have discovered another winner in the competetive SB restaurant scene. Located across State St. From the beautiful Arlington Theater, this place just reeks of Greece. Fabulous flavors and
Plates with great attention to detail. The Caesar salad was perfectly prepared with just the right amount of garlic & hint of lemon. The romaine was crisp, cold & fresh. Try the stuffed dates for a special treat. I had the filet and my wife had the house pizza on thin crust. She shared (one piece only please) & though my steak was perfect, I wanted to change my order :). We were too stuffed to have desert; but the dessert menu was very tempting. This is definitely a must repeat experience.