“Yummy place for a nice breakfast”
Review of D'Angelo Bakery

D'Angelo Bakery
Ranked #71 of 536 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went here with several friends for breakfast after one of us ran the SB marathon. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The menu is pretty big, and I was even able to assemble a nice vegan breakfast for myself (lemon rosemary toast with artichoke spread, and sliced tomatoes--I ran out of toast for the homemade preserves, but it stands alone so I just ate it with a spoon!). Plenty of vegetarian and meat-containing dishes as well. All delicious.

Downsides: kind of pricey, the bread was good, but not as soft as I expect fresh bread to be, the place is crowded, no reservations, and the outdoor seating area isn't terribly attractive.

There are newer reviews for D'Angelo Bakery

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a great place for breakfast sitting outside on the sidewalk or along the adjacent allee. Coffee is good and there is a very large variety of carbs for you to enjoy. Breakfast should run you $20 though, but hey this is your weekend away right?

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We saw the great recommendations online and in the guides, but after visiting there, we honestly didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Perhaps it was because we had high expectations, but nothing struck us as particulary over-average at this restaurant.

Quite on the contrary, the service, although nice, was rather slow and the coffee refill came only when we had almost finished eating.

The food was okay, but rather pricey for what it was.

On our trip through California, we had many great breakfasts, but unfortunately this was not one of them.

All in all, it was acceptable, but not outstanding.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The breads and baked treats are great (and the scent of them wafts into Yoga Soup in the same block which makes it hard to concentrate!) <> The various eggs dishes, sandwiches and salads are also terrific.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Every time I visit Santa Barbara I stop by D'Angelo Bakery for their amazing Cafe Americanos. I also try to find a way to rationalize splurging on their wonderful breakfast. Today it was eggs Florentine: sourdough toast, topped sauteed spinach, perfectly poached eggs, and made-from-scratch hollandaise sauce. It took a lot of willpower to stop me from stealing a bite of my friend's bacon, egg, and cheddar on a fresh croissant. You won't lose weight here but you will die with a smile on your face.