“Perfect day in Santa Ynez Valley”
Review of Wine Canyon Tours

Wine Canyon Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine Canyon Tours provides scenic wine tours of Santa Barbara Wine Country. We specialize in visiting the small production wineries that are producing high quality wines. An authentic and boutique wine tour experience. Established in 2010.
Glendale, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Perfect day in Santa Ynez Valley”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just got back from spending a great day touring wineries in the Santa Ynez Valley. My husband and I had Rick Okinaka as our guide (there are two different "Ricks" who do the tours). He took us to three great wineries, all of which had different varietals to try. What a treat. Rick was extremely knowledgeable about all the wineries and the area in general. He was courteous, fun, and made us feel welcome the minute he arrived. It was just us on the tour that day, so the day/schedule was very relaxed - never rushed. I would highly recommend Wine Canyon Tours, both for couples and larger groups. These guys do it right. Aloha Rick!

Visited July 2013

Houston, Texas
“An All-Around Perfect Day!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family has used Rick for two wine tours in Santa Barbara, and he is absolutely fantastic. Whether you are a wine expert or just enjoy tasting, Wine Canyon Tours can provide you with a wonderful wine tasting experience. Rick is prompt, courteous, and informative, and just a fun guy to hang out with for a day. Additionally, he took us to some of the best wineries I've ever visited. I would recommend him without question to anyone looking to have a lovely day in the Santa Barbara area.

Innsbruck, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovely day”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

By chance we were lucky to have Rick all to ourselves. We had a fun and informative time with him. Having worked at various stages of the winemaking process, worked in Vineyard management and having a family history of winemaking, Rick has a great depth of knowledge about the subject and of course knows all the people at the cellar doors. This makes for a fascinating trip.
We were able to chose our lunch from a large selection of sandwiches and salads, and enjoyed a healthy meal to soak up the wine. This was included in the price.
For us the main point was the door to door pick-up. Who wants to drive on the freeway with a belly full of wine. I fell in love with Los Olivas on the trip.
best wishes to Rick for the future.
Alice and Josef from Austria

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Girls Trip was a Blast!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had never been to the Santa Barbara region and was looking forward to visiting some of the wineries and enjoying the beautiful weather (it's still winter in Chicago :)). I saw the great reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to do a tour with Rick and Wine Canyon tours. I couldn't have had a better day! Rick picked my friend and I up at our hotel right on time and his van was equipped with water and fun music. We then picked up another group of girls - we made fast friends with them and begin our journey to the valley. Rick picked 4 awesome wineries for us, he knew all the staff and we were able to taste some great wines and enjoy the beautiful weather! Rick even went and got us some cupcakes in a cute little town to snack on. We had an awesome time and I hope that I'll be able to come to Santa Barbara again and check out some different wineries with Rick!

Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Do not use - this guy was a no show!!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I booked a private wine tour and this guy completely failed to show. I communicated via both over the phone and e-mail, so there was no misunderstanding on the date. I called and he offered to do something, but it would have started 45 minutes late and obviously nothing would have been planned. This was supposed to be a special birthday present and turned out to be a disaster.

Given the multitude of wine tour operations, I strongly recommend using one of the other operators versus someone who is so irresponsible.

2 Thank CJohn1625
RickReevesWCT, Owner at Wine Canyon Tours, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Yes, unfortunately I made a mistake on my Master Calendar. We did have a private tour scheduled for 10:30am pick up on May 3rd. You called me exactly at 10:30 and asked where your driver and vehicle was. I explained to you I must have scheduled you incorrectly. I sincerely apologized and told you I could be there in 20-30 minutes and would comp the tour. I arrived at the hotel 25 minutes later and you refused my offer. Again, apologies