“Lovely day”
Review of Wine Canyon Tours

Wine Canyon Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine Canyon Tours provides scenic wine tours of Santa Barbara Wine Country. We specialize in visiting the small production wineries that are producing high quality wines. An authentic and boutique wine tour experience. Established in 2010.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

By chance we were lucky to have Rick all to ourselves. We had a fun and informative time with him. Having worked at various stages of the winemaking process, worked in Vineyard management and having a family history of winemaking, Rick has a great depth of knowledge about the subject and of course knows all the people at the cellar doors. This makes for a fascinating trip.
We were able to chose our lunch from a large selection of sandwiches and salads, and enjoyed a healthy meal to soak up the wine. This was included in the price.
For us the main point was the door to door pick-up. Who wants to drive on the freeway with a belly full of wine. I fell in love with Los Olivas on the trip.
best wishes to Rick for the future.
Alice and Josef from Austria

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had never been to the Santa Barbara region and was looking forward to visiting some of the wineries and enjoying the beautiful weather (it's still winter in Chicago :)). I saw the great reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to do a tour with Rick and Wine Canyon tours. I couldn't have had a better day! Rick picked my friend and I up at our hotel right on time and his van was equipped with water and fun music. We then picked up another group of girls - we made fast friends with them and begin our journey to the valley. Rick picked 4 awesome wineries for us, he knew all the staff and we were able to taste some great wines and enjoy the beautiful weather! Rick even went and got us some cupcakes in a cute little town to snack on. We had an awesome time and I hope that I'll be able to come to Santa Barbara again and check out some different wineries with Rick!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I booked a private wine tour and this guy completely failed to show. I communicated via both over the phone and e-mail, so there was no misunderstanding on the date. I called and he offered to do something, but it would have started 45 minutes late and obviously nothing would have been planned. This was supposed to be a special birthday present and turned out to be a disaster.

Given the multitude of wine tour operations, I strongly recommend using one of the other operators versus someone who is so irresponsible.

2  Thank CJohn1625
RickReevesWCT, Owner at Wine Canyon Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Yes, unfortunately I made a mistake on my Master Calendar. We did have a private tour scheduled for 10:30am pick up on May 3rd. You called me exactly at 10:30 and asked where your driver and vehicle was. I explained to you I must have scheduled you incorrectly. I sincerely apologized and told you I could be there in 20-30 minutes and would comp the tour. I arrived at the hotel 25 minutes later and you refused my offer. Again, apologies

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We collect wines and over the years have hired lots of different tours to transport us to wineries. If you are looking to visit wineries in Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez you won't find a better guide than Rick Reeves. He's knowledgeable (he actually grows grapes and produces wine!), friendly and well connected with the area wineries. Before our tour we corresponded with Rick about the types of wines and wineries that we enjoy visiting. Rick suggested wineries that were just what we were looking for. Then, through his connections, he arranged a private tour for us of a great winery. If you are planning a wine tasting trip, you should contact Rick.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We opted for a half day tour and had a wonderful afternoon in wine country. The owner of the company, Rick is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and adapted the tour to what we were interested in. We visited three wineries and stopped off in Solvang, a quaint little Dutch town. Rick went out of his way to ensure we had a great tour. The views were spectacular, the wineries were lovely and the tour guide was top notch! We could not have asked for a better tour and would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for an excellent wine tour!