“Great breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scarlett Begonia

Scarlett Begonia
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarlett Begonia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 526 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Street
Sacramento, California
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Traveling solo and I found this spot across from the SB Public Market. I did not have reservations, but was able to get in on a Saturday morning. Well prepared breakfast. Would like to come back and try lunch or dinner. Amuse bouche was appreciated

• Visited July 2014

Santa Barbara, California
“Best brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

This restaurant started out as a breakfast/ brunch and lunch place and did so well they expanded to do dinners. It reminds me of a little European bistro with a small indoor space and an outdoor patio shaded by umbrellas. Some weekends, I can get a table immediately. For Sunday brunch, I have waited over an hour. I love their food, though, and generally it is worth the wait. Sadly, their menu changes regularly, so some favorites, such as the smoked salmon on bagel chips with edible flowers - truly a work of art with food - aren't on the menu anymore. At least for the moment. My very favorite dish is the lemon ricotta pancakes with seasonal fruit compote. They are possibly the best pancakes I have ever had - light, fresh, lemony. I like them best with the blueberry compote. For a drink, I always either get the London Fog latte, which I believe is Earl Grey tea, milk and an amazing flavored simple syrup, or we get the bottle of mimosas for the table (and I still get the latte - it's that good). Just recently I ordered a new dish which was french toast, pork belly and a poached egg - the perfect combo of salty and sweet. Their eggs taste particularly good, possibly because they're organic and, I think, local, possibly because they are so fresh, and possibly because the cook never overdoes them, which is so often a problem. I have never had a bad pastry there either, from their bacon scones to the potato cinnamon rolls to their unexpectedly delightful muffins. While I love everything I have tried there I would say I do not think this is a particularly great place to take kids as the menu does not cater to them.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
El Dorado Hills, California
“Yummy locally sourced breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Happened upon Scarlett Begonia after our yoga class - thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast. Our server was knowledgeable and helpful, the food was delicious - we enjoyed gluten free bread, I had the eggs over potatoes - while I don't normally eat potatoes, they were so delicious I indulged in a few. We will be back next time we are in Santa Barbara.

Visited June 2014
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere and stellar fresh food! Definitely on the upscale side even though we sat outside. My food (a burger) had to be sent back because it was cooked (rare) other than specified (medium). The service was great, and worth another visit back!

Singapore
“Top of the class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner and had: salted pretzel with mustard, little gems, charred cauliflower, duck breast. Amazing food and great, friendly service. Meal for two with drinks was about 120 all in. The food combinations were unusual and delicious. This place could hold its own with LA's best. We will definitely come back next time we're in town!

1 Thank KH K