“Great Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Street
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I stopped to have some breakfast and were seated in their lovely patio area. It is quite nice to sit outside on a beautiful day. I had the chilaquiles and she had the shrimp and grits. They were both great. I think the small bite we received was a nice touch too. It was some of their homemade granola with yogurt. All in all it was a great experience. The only drawbacks were the servers were not that attentive and seemed very casual. The other drawback is the price. The food is outstanding but the service and decor need to come up to the level of the price being asked after all that is the definition of value. Keep on improving and we will definitely come back.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I enjoyed breakfast with a friend at Scarlett Begonia this morning. We both ordered the soft scrambled eggs--tasty! We shared the maple bacon biscuit and the brioche--also very nice. I had heard about the cinnamon rolls, so we shared one of these as well--in a word: amazing. Not too huge, not too sweet...the white frosting was also lovely. It almost came down to an arm wrestle to decide who got the last piece! Service was excellent and the decor was homey and pleasant. I'll definitely be back again!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This seemed like a really great place to eat, though it was kind of hard to find. Me and a friend stopped here driving through and intended to get a full breakfast. It was a bit out of our price range, so we both got some maple bacon scones. Those are AWESOME! definitely a good treat to start the day. I would go there again if I had more time (and money!).

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I arrived shortly after they opened at 9:00 a.m. and chose to sit inside. They have an outdoor area with umbrella tours as well.

This is a cute place with a friendly atmosphere and staff. We tried the Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and bacon which were fantastic and my husband had lunch instead of breakfast and enjoyed a Reuben at least an inch and a half thick with delicious meat. The French Fried are thin like McDonalds.

The also gave us an Amuse before breakfast; a tiny little tart with granola with a dollop of yogurt and two fresh little berries.

The end of the meal brought a tiny piece of chocolate covered toffee.

The whole experience was enjoyable and fun people watching. Worth the visit. Meal for 2 with tax was $41.

1  Thank nshugg
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Everything about this place was amazing! Our waitress was so super welcoming and recommended items that were her personal favorite. She also let us know that they had many different drinks options, and what can be ordered non-alcoholic. We had a larger group and tried so many things: shrimp and grits, lemon ricotta pancakes, animal fries, a hot pretzel, a maple bacon biscuit...OMG!!! Everything was so fresh and they use really quality ingredients. The maple bacon biscuit was sooo yummy! They also have fresh breed iced tea which was really refreshing and they did a really goos job with refills. We also got a small appetizer of yogurt and granola on the house. It was the perfect way to get us excited about what else was coming. Then, after the meal, they brought us homemade toffee,which they sell. What I liked was that the waitress mentioned that they sell it but never tried to push it on us. All in all, I was very happy and would go back to Santa Barbara just to eat here.

1  Thank Angela A