“Overcooked burger and poor management”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Stella Cafe

Le Stella Cafe
Ranked #153 of 528 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: American, Bar, French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
santa barbara
“Overcooked burger and poor management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've given this restaurant one too many chances. Everytime I go, the service is either poor or the food is.

This time, my last time to visit this restaurant, my burger was over-cooked and missing the cheese! I ordered medium and asked if it would still be pink and was told yes! It came, brown throughout and missing the cheese. I only ate half, had the waitress take it away, and she said she'd talk to the manager. Manager didn't show, and then when I asked if it was still happy hour on the wine, she said, we'll I'll see if my manager will approve of giving you a glass of wine at happy hour prices. When I received the bill I had paid for my hamburger, $9.95 and my first glass of wine at $3.50. Gee..thanks for the $3.50 glass of wine! The manager did come by and apologize for the burger being overcooked...and I had to mention...yes, and with no cheese! Oh yeah, and the cheese.

Anyway, I won't be going back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank rayanna

San Jose, California
“Delicious food, dog-friendly patio, servers could use some training”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I met two long-time friends for a nice leisurely dinner on the patio on a Sunday evening. I had my golden retriever with me, and the restaurant was fine with that. In fact, most diners at outside tables had well-behaved dogs with them!

One of my friends is a Santa Barbara local, and she had recommended Le Stella. The food was very good, but the servers could definitely use training. They were pretty clueless. I will definitely go back again to give them another try.

• Visited August 2013
Santa Barbara, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Salmon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This restaurant has the most adorable outside setting environment ever because of it's cute little lights that go on outside at night! Upon walking in, the staff was very kind and understanding that I'm one of those types of people that enjoys taking a long time looking over the whole menu to find the perfect entree. Before starting off with sauteed shrimp in a oil like sauce, we were served crisp cold water from a wine bottle! Very cute little tactic that the restaurant does. I felt underdressed because I had just come from a Hot Yoga session on the Mesa but I didn't feel like I was judged at al for that! We also had bacon mac and cheese that was overflowing it's cute little brown bowl as an appetizer and then I had their $28.95 Salmon special with olives, asparagus, artichoke, gnocci, in a lemon butter garlic sauce. Delicious and I will definitely come again!

• Visited September 2013
Santa Barbara, CA USA
“Could have been a contender”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We've been going to Le Stella Cafe since they opened. We were initially pretty enthusiastic - it's a cosy space and has a French countryside feel. There are a few good dishes on the menu - like the Croque Monsieur and Coq au vin. They've never offered many specials but for a few months at least there were enough items on the menu to try to justify repeat visits.

But as time has passed, I think it's really declined in both service and food quality. In particular, they seem to have a very heavy hand in the kitchen when it comes to seasoning salt and pepper. Sandwiches and burgers all taste the same because this seems to be their go-to flavoring philosophy. It doesn't matter if you ask them to hold off on the seasoning, the kitchen doesn't seem to listen to the waiters.

What seemed like a good home-cooking alternative to Fresco Cafe has now lost its appeal.

• Visited July 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“We Were Treated Like We Were Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I found this upscale looking French restaurant to be unpretentious and welcoming. The service was outstanding. We were treated like we were special.

The food was very good. We ordered several items from the brunch menu including Crepes, Egg filled Croissants with home fires on the side and a Spinach and Cheese Omelet. While these items are simple breakfast items that you will find at most restaurants the great service seems to make the regular dishes more appealing than they normally would be.

The pricing was reasonable and matched the quality of the food and upscale look of the restaurant.

If you are wondering whether they have a children's menu and coloring books the answer is yes.

• Visited May 2013