“Loved this Inn!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spanish Garden Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Spanish Garden Inn
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
GreenLeadersGold level
seattle, wa
“Loved this Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2006

My husband and I enjoyed a nice weekend in Santa Barbara a few weeks ago. We were celebrating his birthday and decided that this little Inn was perfect for our stay. We arrived a few hours before check-in time and the staff worked diligently to get our room ready early. I requested a blender in our room, and room #4, each wish was granted. This is a location that prides itself on service, amenities, and overall quality. My favorites included the delicious continental breakfast, oven-baked cookies in the late afternoon, wine tasting before dinner, passes to 24-hr. fitness gym, free parking and the central location. Our room overlooked the courtyard and boasted Frette sheets, Molten Brown toiletries, it was very comfortable. The entire staff was friendly and helpful, they suggested restaurants, shopping and even where to jog! When we return to Santa Barbara we'll definitley stay at the Inn of the Spanish Garden!

• Liked — all of the amenities
  • Disliked — our room was a bit small, next time I may book the suite if they have one
  • Tips/Secrets — get room #4!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sudella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2006

My wife and I were part of a group of six couples who spent four nights at this hotel. We had a most enjoyable stay. The rooms were wonderful. Brand new mattresses arrrived for all the rooms the day we checked in. The courtyard was great for afternoon happy hours, the breakfasts were very good and the staff could not have been nicer. Not to be ignored was that we could walk the few blocks from there to a number of really nice dinner restaurants on State Street, and we enjoyed a number of excellent meals with some good wines.

• Liked — The warm hospitality of all connected with the hotel.
  • Disliked — Several of the rooms were up flights of stairs.
  • Tips/Secrets — Reserve early.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
3 Thank Wizeoldowl
Pasadena, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2006

I've stayed in hotels of every kind all over the world, and this just might be the one I enjoyed the most. I really can't recommend it highly enough -- it's one of those very rare places that actually lives up to what it sets out to do. We were there not long after they'd first opened, and as a former restaurateur I have to say I was impressed with how "together" everything was right off the bat -- it's not easy, especially at the high-service end of the hopsitality industry.

The staff was universally courteous, knowledgable & friendly. The room we had was exceptional, a warm Spanish-themed (!) affair with a vaulted ceilings, a fireplace and a small balcony overlooking the central courtyard of the hotel (as I think they all do). Everything from the high-quailty linens to the tasteful appointments to the genuinely serene atmosophere of that courtyard with its splashing fountain is desinged to create a restful retreat from the world.

The hotel is located a couple blocks off of the main drag in SB, which adds to the sense of escape from the world -- something that pairs very well with SB itself. Not a place for kids, but an extremely nice place for adults. They have a selection of wines available, as well as wine tastings.

• Liked — Serene, pampered atmosphere
  • Disliked — No compaints
  • Tips/Secrets — No
  • Stayed September 2004, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jimverbose
DARLINGTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2006

This is a fantastic place to stay. The rooms are really comfortable, with every little extra for your convenience including lovely Molten Brown toiletries, bathrobes, CD and video player. They even lend you videos for free which come with complimentary popcorn. Our room was on the top floor overlooking the courtyard which is lovely and romantic on an evening with little candles everywhere. I had requested this room when booking following comments on tripadvisor and unlike some hotels they gave us what we requested. It is such a peaceful place to stay, you feel that you are the only ones staying there even though the place is full. Breakfast is nice, with home made quiche freshly made each morning and plenty of fresh fruit, yoghurts, muffins etc. Don't hesitate to book this wonderful Inn, you will love it.

• Liked — Personal touches
  • Disliked — Nothhing
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PERFECTHOLS
Jersey, Channel Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days in August. The staff were extra friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Rooms were outstanding (especially our room which had a beautiful jacuzzi), we enjoyed the swimming pool each afternoon and the hotel used to deliver iced cold drinks/iced tea daily with freshly cooked cookies...nothing was too much effort. We were walking distance fromt he shops and restaurants, however we still enjoyed peace and totally chilled out when at the hotel. Breakfast was included in the price and ther was a great selection from quiche right through to fresh bagels. If you are planning a visit to Santa Barbara ..make this hotel your first choice

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Central location, outstanding customer service
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cheb67
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2006

I drove up from the LA area and found the hotel a few blocks off the freeway exit as per Mapquest. Note: Santa Barbara requires businesses to have quite small signs. Everything almost seems hidden from a distance. I parked on the street after I spotted the hotel on the left and got instructions from the staff as to how to get into their indoor parking area.
This hotel was a great choice (from this website) for my first visit to Santa Barbara. I am a hotel buff and have traveled the world so I have lots of hotels to compare it with (in the $200-$400 range). From the photos you can see it's Spanish style.
The room was clean and nicely sized. It had a view of a patio area and a balcony with chairs. A gas fireplace that actually worked was in the corner.
I had a beautiful walk-in shower in the bath. Soaps and shampoos had a great scent.
I wanted to tour Wineries and see the whales. This is what you do when you visit this city. The staff was very helpful and made my reservations for me. Note: bring a jacket for both tours. You travel a bit on the freeway in a jeep for the winery tour and if your ship goes through fog on the whale whatching tour there is a big drop in temperature...even on a warm, sunny day.
The main drag for Santa Barbara (State Street) is only a couple of blocks away. This happened to have all three restaurants for my dinners. I walked to all of them.
On my second full day in Santa Barbara I took a tour of four area wineries. A tiny memory stick slipped out of my pocket sometime during the tour. After I returned home I realized that I had lost it and I contacted this hotel staff about the tour company and where it could possibly be found. The staff contacted the company and they found the memory stick on the floor of the jeep that was used. This type of personal service can't be found everywhere.
A comment about Santa Barbara's shopping. A bit of a disappointment if you are looking for arts and crafts and high end merchandise in the city center. I think the residents spend their money on their mortgages. Nice restaurants and beaches though.
If I were to return to Santa Barbara, I would definately stay at The Inn Of The Spanish Garden again.

Stayed August 2006
5 Thank Navigator10
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding and LOVED it. It is definitely pricier (I think we paid $330/night), but it's well worth it! We had a fireplace in our room, wonderful bathroom amenities, a beautiful patio area near the pool (which looked to be standard for all rooms) and free movies and popcorn. The room was very spacious, and the inn overall was very quiet. Contrary to what another user wrote about the breakfast room, we thought it was very nice and there was indoor/outdoor seating, so you could sit out by the fountain if you desired. The breakfast itself was also high-quality, offering quiche, cereals, bagels, pastries, orange juice, tea and coffee drinks. I honestly hate to gush anymore because I don't want it to become too popular! I am definitely recommending this place to my friends and family.

• Liked — Cleanliness, amenities, privacy
  • Disliked — Rooms are a little expensive
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple