Spanish Garden Inn
Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara Downtown(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$197
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$309
$297
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Breakfast included
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
$414
$304
Kimpton
  • Pool
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$213
$188
  • Beachfront
Franciscan Inn & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$180
Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$208
$194
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$189
$182
Agoda.com
Ramada Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$169
1,308 results
All reviewsquicheunderground parkingmolton brown productsstate streetfrench pressthree blocksjunior suiteseparate showerfew blocksbeautiful courtyardgas fireplacecookiesprivate patioboutique hotelyogurtsmall hotelspanish style
Reviewed May 13, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this Inn this past weekend and loved it. We were greeted at the front desk by very helpful staff and chocolate cookies. Our room was spacious and the spanish decor was really relaxing, it had a fireplace, a patio over looking the pool, a sunken tub with a seperate large stall shower, also a sitting area as well as a desk. After a few minutes in our room we received a call asking if everything was to our liking and offering us more cookies and lemonaid delivered to our room. The Inn is a short walk from State Street, which was nice and convenient. Being 6 1/2 months pregnant my stay was very relaxing and the tub was wonderful.......did I mention the cookies?

• Stayed: May 2006
8  Thank Kenzi'sMom
A TripAdvisor Member
Schenectady, NY
Reviewed May 4, 2006

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel in late April for our first trip to CA and we absolutely loved it! The overall setting of the place and all the amenities in the room were very upscale, but at the same time very relaxed, private and peaceful. The landscaping is beautiful and the way that the rooms are scattered in different buildings set around courtyards provides a very intimate, private feeling. Our room was very spacious and had Spanish/mediterranean-style decor, complete with a balcony, gas fireplace, huge soaking tub, and a skylight. The staff were all very friendly and the service was very efficient. This is not an inexpensive hotel, but we really got the feeling that we got what we paid for and more, and we were not "nickel and dimed" for things as is often the case at some "five-star" large hotels that do not include breakfast in their rates or even coffee-makers in the rooms. We were even given bottles of water for the road when we checked out. This place really has your comfort in mind!

• Stayed: April 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2006

We spent the first night of our honeymoon here and enjoyed a wonderful stay. We were upgraded to a Junior Suite that was quite large and tastefully decorated. The soaking tubs and comfortable bed were highlights of the room. The patio is charming and we enjoyed a glass of wine by the firepit. The service was excellent and the breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: April 2006
6  Thank BudapestTravel2015
Reviewed April 24, 2006

We stayed at the Inn of the Spanish Garden for three nights as part of a two week tour of California. It has a great location just a few blocks from State Street with its shops and restaurants. It is surrounded by residential buildings and was quiet while we were there. It is not surrounded by acres of grounds. It has a pretty courtyard and a small pool. The staff are very friendly, helpful and efficient. They are particularly knowledgable about the surrounding area and full of ideas of things to do even if it rains (as it did when we were there). The rooms are very well appointed with every amenitiy you could wish for. It would be fair to say they reflect the price you pay. Two small criticisms, don't use the directions from the hotel website they are totally unhelpful -call for directions and the room where guests have breakfast is not really in keeping with the rest of the hotel, it lacks 'soul', almost the atmosphere of a public library. The hotel does not provide meals apart from breakfast, which is included in the rate, but there are several options near by and lots of options on State Street.

6  Thank jgatsby
Reviewed April 22, 2006

Last summer, I craved a birthday getaway and chose Santa Barbara - a pleasant community that I'd visited on day trips from LA several times before. After reading the reviews here, I decided to book a room at The Inn of the Spanish Garden. I'm not sure that the reviews I read did this little gem justice. What a treat to be greeted by a smile and warm cookies on a lazy summer afternoon. Then to be escorted to my room off the patio by a cheerful, handsome blond student-type. I was instantly comfortable and happy with my choice on the service alone. That is until I got to the room and fell in love... lovely, lovely and large! A well-decorated sitting area with desk and daybed. A main bedroom area had a big cozy, fluffy bed. The spanish tiled bathroom had a huge whirlpool tub as the centrpiece with separate large shower with bench. Just great and all decorated in a modern, spanish motif. At the desk, was a personal note from the manager wishing me a happy birthday. Very classy. A leisurely 5-minute walk and I was on the excellent tree-lined main drag with shops and restaurants leading down to the pier. Later in my stay, I went to one of the fancy hotels on the ocean for a massage and although this hot spot was impressive, I longed for my room at the Inn. Looking for a getaway? You can't go wrong at the Inn of the Spanish Garden... as long as you're out of my favorite room by the time I visit again. Good spot!

• Stayed: August 2005