Spanish Garden Inn
Mason Beach Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$152
Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$254
$234
  • Breakfast included
Franciscan Inn & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$144
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$282
$170
  • Beachfront
Ramada Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$143
Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$187
$169
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
$309
$297
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$179
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$189
$151
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$256
$202
Official Site
1,298 results
All reviewsquicheunderground parkingmolton brown productsstate streetfrench pressthree blocksjunior suiteseparate showerfew blocksbeautiful courtyardgas fireplacecookiesprivate patioboutique hotelyogurtsmall hotelspanish style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stopped over here Jan 2 on our trek home from SoCal. Can't say enough about how great this place is. Professional, courteous and helpful staff. Cozy,comfy,spacious accommodations. Terrific breakfast included in room price and a beautiful courtyard to eat it in! We slept so well that I want to ask them what type of mattress was in our room. Close to downtown but so quiet you wouldn't know it...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian C, General Manager at Spanish Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Roscoe,

Thank you for the great review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Feel free to email me at brian@spanishgardeninn.com and I would be happy to share the details on our beds for you.

Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here a few years ago due to the proximity of the Mission (my son at the time had to do a report on a Mission in California). It has not changed. The rooms are not worn down. There was no mold on the grouting in the bathrooms. The staff was incredible. This little gem is quite frankly on caliber with hotels like the St. Regis and the Ritz. Molton Brown is the product you have in room. There is an incredible breakfast from 7-10. Freshly baked cookies are available from 11 a.m. on. What impressed me the most was it had been a few years since our last visit. Yet the furniture was not worn and everything was fresh. This was a three day long weekend and it was filled to capacity. This is a place that cares. It is a short 3 block walk to the main drag "State Street" I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: I may regret sharing this but room 5 is one of the few suites. It is awesome. My kids sleep on the pull out sofa (which is really comfy) and I get the bedroom!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

TL,

We might need to close our doors as I am not sure how we can top this review. Thank you for this. We take great pride in keeping every aspect of our property fresh and new looking. We have a large number of frequent guests and we always want them to feel as if they are the first guest to have ever stayed in their room.

See you on your next visit.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is one of those places you visit and never want to leave. A beautiful property with seamless service and lovely small touches that take the stay to a higher level.

The property is in a quiet street in a great location a few blocks from the beach and restaurants. Our room was lovely with a working fireplace, balcony and view of the swimming pool. A really nice touch was the real coffee and cafetiere in the room. Beds were sumptuous. Breakfast was complementary and included freshly made quiches, fruit, yoghurt pastries, meats, freshly made smoothies and breads. Fresh tangerines were available all day in the living room. And (hallelujah) Wifi was free!!!!!!

Beyond all the lovely touches the property was calm and peaceful, with thoughtful landscaping and had a very positive vibe. I would love to come back and stay for longer.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Brian C, General Manager at Spanish Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for the stunning review. We are so happy that you have discovered us and hope that this is just the beginning of a long relationship. Whenever you are stateside please come back to visit us again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was our second stay at Spanish Garden, and it won't be the last. It is even nicer now than our first visit two years ago. We stayed in # 9, a light-filled, large, quiet second floor king room. Wonderful soaking tub and separate shower, toasty gas fireplace, very confortable bed, lovely courtyard, morning paper delivered to your door. Loved the French press coffee maker in the room- a first, anywhere! Breakfast in the cheerful breakfast room was plentiful, complete with quiches and specialty coffee drinks on request. Service from the entire staff was superb, downtown SB is only three blocks away. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Elise,

Welcome back! Thank you for staying with us again. I'm not a coffee drinker myself but my friends tell me the French press is the only way to make real coffee so I am glad to see that you appreciated it. We have a large number of guests who come to visit us regularly every year or two and I am excited to see that we have added you to their ranks. See you again soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We only had two nights in Santa Barbara and the location was perfect for walking to everything we wanted to do. The staff deserves all the kudos that have been written about them on TripAdvisor. They even offered loaner umbrellas. We can't wait to go back and stay longer.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Victoria,

We can't wait to have you return and stay longer! I have passed on your compliments to our staff. I am certain they are the hardest working team in hospitality and it is nice to hear that others agree.