We stayed 6 nights at the inn of the Spanish Garden. I chose this hotel based on other TripAdvisor reviews and was very satisfied with our stay. The hotel is small but beautiful and fits right in with the Santa Barbara architecture. It feels like a boutique hotel, which is what my husband and I prefer. The front desk staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. The property itself is kept emmaculately clean. Rooms were nice and our King Suite offered a fireplace and a small patio off the room. Other travelers were right in saying this hotel is 3 blocks off State street but get your walking shoes on and you'll be okay! We did do a LOT of waking because we rode the train from Orange County and did the "Car Free" package. But the neighborhoods we walked thru felt safe at night and the historic areas of the Presido and Courthouse are very close by.
Breakfast was good. Lots of fresh fruits, pastries, bagels, yogurt, granola, fresh coffees, teas. Some mornings quiche was offered. The only complaint I had, was that it was hit or miss whether the kitchen staff offered quiche on a particular day. We never did figure that one out. They did offer a meat and cheese plate that I had a few mornings.
During the day, the hotel has 3 different cold beverages offered in the dining room (ice tea, lemonade and water with different fruits infused in the water). Very nice touch. Wine was offered @ $10/glass in the afternoon but not until 5:30pm. Better off grabbing a bottle of wine at a grocery store and taking it back to drink on the pretty patio area as early as you want. Also every afternoon fresh baked cookies were offered to guests. The white chocolate macadamia cookies rocked!! :-) Other nice touches in the evening included a fire pit on the patio that was always lit and lots of little candle votives lit the entrance way every evening.
We asked one of the staff for a restaurant recommendation for good seafood. He recommended Arch Rock and we were not disappointed. When we mentioned we were staying at Inn of the Spanish Garden, they gave us a FREE calamari appetizer! :-)
I also want to thank the staff for giving us a drink coupon for our anniversary which we were celebrating as well as the thank you note we rec'd when we got home thanking us for our stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the jewel of luxury boutique Santa Barbara hotels. Spanish Garden Inn offers a sophisticated Spanish-Mediterranean inspired design, quality amenities and close attention to personal service. The hotel epitomizes the vitality of the City and honors its tradition by recreating the history, romance and intrigue of Spanish Colonial Santa Barbara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Spanish Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Spanish Garden Hotel Santa Barbara
- Hotel Of The Spanish Garden
- Of The Spanish Garden Hotel