My fiance and I stayed here for a long weekend in July and the couldn't have been more pleased with our decision. This hotel has the feel of Old Spanish with the conveniences of modern day luxury. The rooms are very large by today's standard and are extremely comfortable. The bed was fantastic. It felt like we were staying in more of a small villa than an actual hotel. And the courtyard (w/ fire pit)...AMAZING. Drinking anyone of the house selection of wines in the candlelit courtyard was the perfect end to every evening.
The hotel is located short walking distance to State St. which is where you'll find all the dining and shopping you could possibly desire. The beach is a bit further away but we were able to manage making it there 2 of the 4 days we were in town. Really, nothing is too far in Santa Barbara. And if you have to drive anywhere, in most cases it will be beautiful and scenic.
The staff was very friendly and attentive. I was blown away by the fact that they actually addressed us by our last names?!?!? Who does that? It made us feel like more than just a room number. They provided us with great local dining recommendations (Shalhoob's). They all seemed complete down to earth, not stuffy like you might expect at other establishments of the same quality.
Other Notes: Breakfast is provided (Not full, but definitely better than continental). Pool is small and somewhat shaded but we spent more of our days at the beach so this wasn't an issue for us.
We are already planning a return trip for later this year and will definitely be staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the jewel of luxury boutique Santa Barbara hotels. Spanish Garden Inn offers a sophisticated Spanish-Mediterranean inspired design, quality amenities and close attention to personal service. The hotel epitomizes the vitality of the City and honors its tradition by recreating the history, romance and intrigue of Spanish Colonial Santa Barbara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Spanish Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Spanish Garden Hotel Santa Barbara
- Hotel Of The Spanish Garden
- Of The Spanish Garden Hotel