Imagine Spanish Colonial charm combined with old world service and you have The Inn of the Spanish Garden. Our family of four stayed in a suite for two nights over the Memorial Day weekend. We were looking for an upscale property in a quiet, yet accessible location. One that wasn't marred by indifferent service. As usual, we found exactly what we were looking for on Tripadvisor.
Initial phone calls and emails to the property about availability were met with polite efficiency. Some places are good at that, but service, and politeness, falls off once you've made the booking. Not the case here. After 5-6 hours of road weariness driving down from the Bay Area, it was a pleasure to be greeted with genuine helpfulness.
The Suite had ample room for four adults. My son and his girlfriend took the master bedroom first night, while my wife and myself took the fold out sofa bed in the living room. We switched the next night. Due to an unusual weather phenomenon, Santa Barbara was experiencing 40 mile per hour wind gusts during our stay. Leaving the french windows open (to a deck), we took advantage of the gas fire place. Very relaxing!
The Inn is nestled in the Garden District,which is close to some fine restaurants. On our first night there, The Inn hosted wine tasting by Longoria Wine. Rick Longoria has been active in the local wine scene since 1976 and was both charming and knowledgeable. We especially enjoyed the Pinot Grigio. Should you wish to indulge yourself, the Inn sells wine by the glass or bottle.Having worked up an appetite, we didn't have to go far to find sustenance. La Playa Azul, a nice little eatery can be found through one block away. On the second night we visited Olio e Limone, an authentic Italian restaurant within easy walking distance. It's quite expensive but worth a visit.
We highly recommend this charming little Inn. It's worth the splurge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the jewel of luxury boutique Santa Barbara hotels. Spanish Garden Inn offers a sophisticated Spanish-Mediterranean inspired design, quality amenities and close attention to personal service. The hotel epitomizes the vitality of the City and honors its tradition by recreating the history, romance and intrigue of Spanish Colonial Santa Barbara. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Spanish Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Spanish Garden Hotel Santa Barbara
- Hotel Of The Spanish Garden
- Of The Spanish Garden Hotel