“Great breakfast”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stopped here for breakfast at the recommendation of our motel clerk. Max's is known for their omlets, but we had our usual eggs, bacon, and hash browns. And both hubby and I thought the quality was good, and cooked to perfection.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our 5th night on the road since arriving from the UK and our 1st meal with table cloths , happened to be just over the road from our motel so very convenient. My wife had the melon, I had the bresaola, service was very good, our server Mararita was an absolute gem, we both had the rack of lamb for main course, the lamb was perfect, pink, with a taste to savour, on a bed of creamed potatoes with green beans surrounded by a drizzle of balsamic and virgin olive oil. I could not fault it, a nice Pinot noir to accompany. Polite attentive service, not a morsel went back on the plates. Lovely atmosphere, music typically Italian, not intrusive, would definitely revisit next time we are in Santa Barbara.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Food is good and try to be Italian however we are far from the real taste of Italian product... Olive oil, Parmesan, etc... are not prime ingredients and this make the difference...even if chef's menu idea try to rise it.
Price are not really adapted to ingredien quality and it's slightly overpriced...

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Mine host, Margaretha followed by the food and Soave. Very clean and unpretentious amazingly quiet considering it bordered State Street..

Reviewed July 2, 2013

So far my hubby and I went there twice- each time the food was excellent and service was great. I had Eggs Benedict with spinach and artichoke as well as some delicious hash browns. Their regular, free-refill coffee is great too (and I am picky when it comes to coffee). I highly recommend Max's for breakfast. There are loads of other over-rated breakfast places in Santa Barbara but don't be fooled! Most of them just want to make a sale and are targeting tourists... if you are looking for a great breakfast, go to Max's!