“Surprisingly good food. Can't beat the view.” 3 of 5 bubbles

El Torito
Ranked #321 of 526 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pebble Beach, California
“Surprisingly good food. Can't beat the view.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a quick meal in the bar here. View of the ocean. 2 TV's for sports. They made veggie fajitas for me which we're excellent with a great variety of vegetables. My son had chicken nachos which were huge and tasted good. Bartender service was very good making me a specialty margarita toy specs.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Whittier, California, United States
“Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I don't often go to "chain" restaurants when I'm in Santa Barbara but if want some Mexican food without getting too far from the "Funk Zone", this is it. Food is El Torito's typical good quality

Visited February 2013
Victorville, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Chris our bartender was the best bartender that I have ever had. He gave us inside advice about must see spots in Santa Barbara. His persoanlity was outgoing and friendly and made us feel like we had been going there for years! He also made the best Long Island Ice Tea I have ever had. I saved a picture of it on my cell phone as my background.

Visited January 2013
california
“Horrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The food was good, typical el torito meal. The waiter was horrible. He took the order of 20 people without writing it down, so of course a few meals were wrong. Whenever he got the wrong meal and someone would tell him,he got mad and argued that it was the correct order. We sent a few meals back for the correct one anyway. He brought hot fajitas and never said " watch out is hot " or at least a "excuse me " we were talking and all of sudden we would hear the sizzling sound right next to our ear so we moved fast away from it and he never said sorry or anything. He did this a few times.
We Never got drink refills and waited a long time for our food because he was doing it all without help even though there were bus boys and other waiters.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
simi valley
“Seems like they are going out of business”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Booths are falling apart. The cushioning is gone or flattened so the springs poke you. Holes are tapped up with duct tape that is also falling off. Lights outs. Dead plants. Food was cold, not very good and took a long time to get even though the place was empty.

We've been before many times over the years and liked it. Its going down hill. Hopefully they'll fix it back up.

Visited December 2012