“Second visit - still great”
Review of Adama Vegan Comfort Cuisine - CLOSED

Adama Vegan Comfort Cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2014

As the only vegetarian among 6 weary travellers - everyone had a great meal. This was my second visit, the last one a couple of years ago, as I don't get to Santa Barbara all that often. My non veggie colleagues had wanted to go again (and I most certainly did) and the food is definitely worth it. It was very welcoming after a long journey - and we were looked after well.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Dropped in Adama for lunhc and was impressed by the choice.
Nice waiting staff, friendly, and despite being very busy, they had time to explain the menu to me.
I tried Daiya cheese for the first time (wish we could get it in the UK).
Enjoyed the food, wish I lived closer!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We had a wonderful lunch at Adama. The menu was extensive and our choice was very tasty. The waitress could not be more helpful and caring and took very good care of us. In fact the entire staff was just lovely. Really enjoyed the food and the ambiance outside was fantastic. It also looked wonderful inside the restaurant. A little off of State Street, well worth the detour to try this place if not the food at least the bakery. Can't wait to go back to Santa Barbara to eat here again!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Would have walked out, but was with our son and did not want to cause a scene. Was seated at a round table near an old white stove, with high back uphosteres chairs that were greasy and filthy. The area rug under the table was covered in stains. The food was fair. I ordered the onion rings( about 6 for $12.00) and they were partially burnt. I told the server that I didn't want anything spicy and she reccomented the faitas- they weren't spicy, but the black beans probably used ghost peppers as seasoning. The server was very nice, but this did not overcome the problems.

1  Thank Pattenven
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Fantastic food and totally free of gluten...they even took all equipment apart before going completely vegan and gluten free. Truly distinctive with all food hand made in inviting atmosphere. Healthy and great tasting.