“West Coast 2012 - Menzies Family”
Review of Bistro 1111 - CLOSED

Bistro 1111
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ninos Drive
Transit: Santa Barbara Airbus, Waterfront Trolley and Taxi Services.
Description: Specializes in innovative California coastal cuisine. The menu features fresh, sustainable and local produce and is complimented with wines from nearby wineries. A Santa Barbara favorite for years, yet still modern and comfortable all with an ocean view.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Used this bistro for both breakfast and dinner several times - service was great and the food was fine. No highlights or low lights to report. Bar area was great with plenty of TV's to catch up on the Olympic's highlights in the evening.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Anytime we came to the Bistro we felt welcomed and had delicious food at every meal! There were so many choices at the breakfast buffet we would have a different meal each morning. The lunches were beautifully prepared and always delicious from sandwiches and salads to steaks and wines. The bar in the bistro was great to hang out with family and friends.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Bistro 1111 made our rehearsal dinner one will never forget! Wonderful meal with wonderful service. All of the meals we had here were fantastic! Delicious and beautiful presentation!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is the restaurant at the Hyatt Santa Barbara. The food is surprisingly good, better than more expensive places in town. I liked the breakfast buffet. For $22.00 it includes coffee and juice, pastries and omelets. In the evening try the fish tacos. Good value and convenient for hotel guests.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I ate here twice on a recent trip as it was close to my hotel. First time was for 'happy hour' I had fish tacos which were excellent and the bistro caprese salad which was fine but nothing too special. It was from the main menu I would certainly so back for the happy hour menu. The next time I ate in the main restaurant. I had a strawberry spinach salad which was nice although the dressing was a little 'sharp'. I also had the sea bass which was very over cooked to the point of dry and sat on a sea of very strongly flavoured 'soup' of tomatoes, olives and beans. The sauce completely overpowered the fish, although at least there was a liquid to dip the dry fish in. In summary I would go for the happy hour menu which was excellent and very well priced and would not go back for the main menu which was not well done and more than twice as expensive.