“Hip; my favorite tasting room in SB”

Municipal Winemakers
Ranked #82 of 172 things to do in Santa Barbara
More attraction details
Owner description: After spending our formative years traveling and studying terroir and techniques, we are now working hard to make honest, interesting, and delicious wines for the people of this world. We do this with love—carefully and slowly.
San Diego
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 254 helpful votes
“Hip; my favorite tasting room in SB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Very cool, hip place – lots of interesting antiques incorporated in, including old file cabinets they store the wine glasses in, antique cash register, and a massive calculator that would definitely not fit in your purse. Wonderful wines. Tasting was $10 for 5 tastes. They are also one of the only tasting rooms to have cheese available (gotta love wine and cheese). The cheese plate (3 cheeses from the upscale cheese shop C’est Cheese) was incredible. Open until 11 pm (at least on Friday) which is nice since a lot of the tasting rooms close at 5 or 6. We visited quite a few tasting rooms this weekend, and I think Municipal is my favorite.

Visited June 2012

Round Lake Beach, Illinois, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Be open minded”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Funky space. Fun, young kid pouring decent wine. Nice that they're one later ad can taste or buy by the glass.

Visited May 2012
Santa Barbara, California
“The best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Everything is great !!! New location is amazing. The coolest aesthetics and wine in town.

Visited April 2012
Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great up and coming winery from an artist that knows his stuff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

I got talking with the owner and he told me that he spent his apprenticeship learning from my side of the world in Western Australia. And then he got me a glass of their sparkling Shiraz (aka FIZZ) which blew my mind. Not only does this place have cool knowledgable pourers. But the style of this place truly is unique. Maintaining a unique feel right down next to the beach it resides in a gutted out dive shop that now has more of a feeling of a cali/ NY remodeled studio warehouse. The curation of the space is brilliantly don with amazing wine bottle chandeliers and filing cabinet wine holders. They have wine on tap which you can come and fill up growlers whenever you need and the design from the T-shirts to the wine bottles is so engaging and fresh. I went through their catalogue and every year they have outperformed on the designs. I even love the name of their club - Club Awesome. Municipal Winemakers comes with the highest recommendation - you will not be disappointed. Especially with The FIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Visited December 2011
Newport Beach, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Out of wine!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

We went to Municipal the day after Christmas after hearing great reviews from people around town. Unfortunately, they weren't doing tastings since they had nearly run out of wine. Bummer! We did get to try the mulled wine and it was delicious.

Visited December 2011