“Good Traditional American breakfast.”
Review of Esau's Cafe - CLOSED

Esau's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: (805) 965-4416
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I'm a big breakfast person. One thing i love here is there coffee. I dont know if it was because if me that they started selling their coffee. On my first visit i asked the head waitress if i can buy coffee. She said they don't sell their coffee. When i returned after a few months i talked to the guy owner and he sold me two lbs of
Coffee. My friends went back to Esaus and there it was included in there menu already. They're SELLING COFFEE!! Now every time my fiancée travels to Santa Barbara to buy me 2lbs of coffee beans they ran out of it. Should they thank me for this great idea??? Place is small but thats why makes it sellable. Its a good advertising when people are lining up in front of your establishment.
Anyway i hope they have coffee when i return to Santa Barbara. Angie

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I had the most delicious omelette- the Greek. The ingredients are fresh, delicious, served piping hot, and I left full and satisfied. My breakfast came with pan potatoes- delicious, and a biscuit with butter and homemade jam. Everything was delicious. My friend had the chicken fried steak. Between bites, he reported that it was delicious as well. When we arrived on Saturday morning it was busy. We sat at the small counter and were greeted quickly. Our breakfast arrived much faster than I thought it would have. I can't recommend this place strongly enough.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

What a wonderful place to have breakfast! We eat here every time we're in town...and haven't had a bad meal yet. The coffee is always fresh and delicious--the same can be said for the food. There is a nice selection of menu items--something for everyone. Portions are large and well prepared. They serve a great selection of hot sauces to compliment appropriate dishes.
The service is always friendly and prompt. We love this place!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had a great breakfast here last week. It is a casual seat yourself family owned surf themed place. I had a great egg scramble with sun dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Also had one of their famous pancakes. Prices were very reasonable for the large tasty servings. Definitely worth returning, wished we had instead of trying a fancy place in Montecito the next day!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Well you have to go don't you? An old established breakfast classic in a lovely old town this little family run restaurant has been here for ever. Helpings are large, pancakes spectacular and everything very good quality. We were staying at a large hotel but decided to skip the standard hotel buffet breakfast and head for here, Great buttermilk buscuits and homemade jam are special. The cafe was full of locals all tucking in, sitting at bare tables, with big smiles on their faces. Who cannot smile when given a pancake the size of a dinner plate! We really had a good breakfast. Get there early and watch Santa Barbara come to life. You will have had a breakfast that will set you up for the day.