“Good Food, Surprising Setting”
Review of Los Agaves

Los Agaves
Ranked #4 of 531 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Surprised not to see this on your web site - many people (myself included) consider it the best Mexican Food in Santa Barbara. Service also excellent, at least when they are not crowded, which the often are! Just down the street from another outstanding (but simpler) Mexican Restaurant, La Super-Rica Taqueria.
Kailua, Hawaii
“Good Food, Surprising Setting”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We followed guidance from TA on this one and we never would have guessed from the reviews that there was no table service. You order at the counter and they deliver your order to your table.
The food was very good and filling. It has a very local following and is busy. It is a bit noisy and the tables can be quite close to one another. Great for take out I'm guessing.

• Polish first
Montpelier
“Worth a stop”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Went here based on TA rating & would highly recommend if in the area. Thought the chili poblano was excellent, carne asada on salad was very tasty as was the fish tacos. Lots of salsas to choose from.

Big servings, but still thought it a bit pricy.

Oxnard, California
“Oh, Man! So good!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I ate here recently during a trip to SB and was a little hesistant because of the line at the counter. You have to order at the counter and then find a seat and the food is served to you at your table. It was very loud and crowded, and we almost left to find somewhere less busy, but the food going past us looked so amazing and was coming out so quickly that we decided to stay. What a great decision! Once we had placed out order and found a table, the food came out quickly and was so much more delicious than we expected. Everything is really fresh and flavorful, and they have some really interesting dishes on the menu. along with the normal mexican fare. The stuffed poblanos were exceptional, and the fresh tortillas are worth it all by themselves! I cant wait to go back and try something else because it was really hard to deicde what to order. Portions are large and prices are bargain for what you are getting. AWESOME!

San Diego, California
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were vacationing in Santa Barbara and wanted to find a something good to eat that wasn't merely a tourist trap. We saw Los Agaves ranked well on trip advisor so we decided to try it out.

It was better than we could have hoped for!

The food here was absolutely delicious. The Tostada Salad with Carne Asada is gigantic and perfectly marinaded carne.

I had enchiladas with mole sauce and the mole was very good, but I kept stealing slices of carne asada off of my wife's salad. I would certainly make that my top choice if we are ever in Santa Barbara again.

I do think it's important to note that this is not a "sit down" restaurant where you are served by waiters. Instead you order at the counter, find a seat and they bring your food out to you. You might think the prices are a little steep for that type of restaurant but the portion sizes and the quality certainly make up for that.

Santa Barbara, California
“WOW !”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stopped by here on a whim and was blown away by the food. I was hesitant to go based on the reviews which said this can be busy and crowded. We went later in the evening and took a chance and I ordered the flautas plate. The chips arrived right away with a friendly busy staff. The food came next and from the first to my last fork my taste buds were in heaven.

Good is an understatement. I am glad I went and will definitely be back for mow.