“I wanted to like it BUT...”
Review of Marmalade Cafe - CLOSED

Marmalade Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hope/La Cumbre
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I'm not the kind of person that goes into a restaurant looking for faults but they kept adding up here.

The reason I chose marmalade cafe was because of the 2 for 1 breakfast coupon I have. Entrees go for 10-14$ so this seemed like some good savings.

Omellete with avocados and bacon was tasty but came out with potatoes when I requested a side of fruit. When the fruit came out it was quite good.

My wife's potatoes were cold. After deciding potatoes weren't for us the server replaced with a side of toast so that worked out.

Ice water had a taste to it like it came out of a rubber hose. Coffe was not quite hot enough, but I did drink multiple cups.

I would really like to like this place but Santa Barbara has much better breakfast options: Cajun kitchen, Mesa cafe, Cody's, Max's just to name a few.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I really enjoy the ambiance of the restuarant. It rustic and lively; the staff is pleasant and helpful. The food is quite tasty. I especially enjoy the kale and white bean soup; not something you get anywhere and its really good.

The downside-if you like to watch a game while your eating, forget it! The place only has one TV in the bar, a small one, so it's not the place to go if your wanting to catch a game while you eat!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a business dinner here and the service was poor and in attentive. They would have sold more had the waitress been attentive. We ordered wine that never came, would have ordered dessert but she hardly ever checked in. Worse yet, it wasn't busy. Would not go here again. The food was average at best.

1  Thank LoneOak6496
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Today we went to the Marmalade for breakfast. The music was playing very loudly--much louder than ever before. We requested that it be turned down as we couldn't easily converse.. .

After we had ordered, our waitress told us that the manager refused to turn the music down. We took our food outside and sat in the cold. The food was fine, our waitress was fine, but the management is clearly lacking in concern for customer comfort. It was a cold experience-not recommended!

1  Thank 404margie
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I generally would have great ratings for Marmalade Cafe but today the experience was terrible. Every thing was great upon arrival. They had two other people having breakfast . We were greated, seated immediately had offered our beverage. The order was taken quickly, but after that it took us 45minutes to get our meal. After locating our serve, I asked why it was taken so long and we had to get to work, I was informed the were busy, I asked how they could be busy with just one other couple there. She couldn't reply and knew she had been confronted with a lie. I'll never go back for breakfast. Service has always been good for lunch and dinner.