“Good food & service in an unexpected location”
Review of Marmalade Cafe - CLOSED

Marmalade Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hope/La Cumbre
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Located in the La Cumbre Shopping Center on State Street this restaurant was an unexpected pleasant surprise. We had great halibut tacos. I had the mixed green salad and my sister had the sweet potato fries. Our ice tea glasses were kept full. It was nice to find good food in a shopping center. We had no problem getting seated. The service was great. If you are in the center shopping this is a great place to take a break and get some good food.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I ate there because they allow dogs on the patio, which is shaded and very attractive. Which
was a good thing because the wait for anything was very long at 10 in the morning. I ordered
the pancakes, bacon and eggs which were all OK. The bacon was the best of the 3.
I'd go there again for the ability to take my pets, otherwise probably not.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My friends ordered the beet salad with feta cheese and walnuts. I, unfortunately, ordered breakfast - eggs, bacon and pancakes. The pancakes were dry and hard. Wish I'd ordered
the salad!! The restaurant was cute and cleaner. Our particular server was a bit ditsy, though.
Kept messing up our orders and forgetting to bring things. My friend has been here often, though, and this is not always the case.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Have been there for breakfast and dinner, a few times each. Service is always excellent. The food is great, and servings are big. Price is right, too. Good selection if you're vegetarian.

Thank L. K
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I've tried this restaurant 3 times and was very disappointed each time. The quality of food, well quality doesn't exist. My friend had satay chicken and it was so dry it wasn't edible. Other times my food was cold ie fries and such. I won't go there again...