“Good not great . ”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ortega and Cota on Anacapa
Description: Arch Rock is a Santa Barbara Restaurant that serves a variety of fresh, high - quality cuisine in a relaxed but casually elegant environment.
ventura
“Good not great . ”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We went to dinner prior to a sunset sail. Dinner was good, borderline great. They were out of a couple of things and service was a bit slow. We would go back yet they could kick it up a notch.

Perth, Australia
“Great place”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We had a lovely lunch here. It is a great little place
Kris our waiter was so nice and one of the best we have come across. He is such a friendly guy,great asset to the place

• Visited June 2014
Durham, North Carolina
“Going Downhill”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife and I have eaten here several times. They have taken fresh fish and shellfish items off the menu and happily said they now have more beef entries.

If I wanted beef I would go to a steakhouse. Being a former abalone diver from the 70's, I thought what a cool name for the arch at Anacapa Island part of the Channel Islands, on Anacapa street.

Since the new ownership has taken place a lot of the artwork especially the arch has been taken down. We were seated at the back part of the restaurant where they now have huge blackboards with nothing on them, and the walls were bare. I felt like I was almost part of the kitchen. The food was average and the waiter made me feel like we were not that important. However the hostess in the front was very friendly. I have previously had very good service and the food much better.

They are going to have to bring on a better plan if they want to survive. I do not think I will go back unless I read reviews of improvement.

• Visited June 2014
Santa Barbara, California
“Not Just Fish”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Arch Rock has been a favorite place for my wife and I since they opened. I was happy to find that they have expanded their selection of other dishes while keeping their array of fresh local sea food. My wife got the sea bass on a bed of tasty tamales, it was gorgeous. I had the braised short ribs with mascarpone polenta...fantastic. Service, quality and convenient location make Arch Rock a great place for a casual night out or to meet friends. They do get busy so a reservation is a good idea.

• Visited May 2014
Corona del Mar, California
“Consistently good.”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here lots - but usually for a weekend lunch - and it's always been really good. Great chicken tenders for the kids and fish tacos and fish & chips for the grown-ups. Clam chowder was really good with lots of clams.
I've recommended it over and over to my discerning friends. I'm sorry others have had mediocre experiences - but I'm still a fan.

Visited May 2014