“What a GREAT PLACE” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arch Rock Fish - CLOSED

Arch Rock Fish
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ortega and Cota on Anacapa
Description: Arch Rock is a Santa Barbara Restaurant that serves a variety of fresh, high - quality cuisine in a relaxed but casually elegant environment. Trip Advisor .....Change the name and the website address. The info is wrong!!
Buffalo, New York
“What a GREAT PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We were told to try this little place a few blocks behind State Street. This was a fantastic tip. The food was superb. I had a killer good seafood soup. The daily happy hour specials for food are an incredible deal. I would good back anytime.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

los angeles
“Lots of better choices in Santa Barbara”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

My son and I drove from L.A. to Santa Barbara specifically to use a Travel Zoo voucher that I had bought for this restaurant. We arrived early when the restaurant was empty and we taken to an oddly shaped table that was tucked away. (This probably would be a great table for a couple but was a little strange for a mom and teenaged son.) The server told us that they were out of two of the entrees--one of which was the mixed plate--which is what I had thought about ordering. We ordered the Garlic Shrimp appetizer which came with three shrimp so I left my son eat them. He said that they were good but I think it was listed at $13 which seemed outrageous. Were they changing the portion for the voucher? I had some New England Clam Chowder which was fine. My son ordered some type of fish with a miso glaze which he thought was good. I ordered a Louie salad which was really forgetable. The seafood was insipid. Although I took the leftovers home, I fed them to my dog who liked it. The server raved about the apple pie made by the owner's mother but he said that they were out of ice cream. We ordered this and he brought some chocolate ice cream on the side. (I guess it was vanilla that was gone.) I hate to bash a mom but...the pie was way too sweet and while some of the apples were peeled others were not which I found odd. The server really tried but the rest of the staff just didn't seem to be supporting him. While there were some good notes, I would not return here especially if I had to pay full price.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank valleytrekker
Calabasas, California
“Nice, but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We had eaten dinner here before, about a year ago and found it extraordinarily good. This time it has slipped below it's past performance. The service is good, friendly and attentive wait staff, but the food is not remarkable. We were eating on a discount coupon, and perhaps that influenced the meal? We ordered wine by the glass, which was fine. But the Ciopinno was only OK, and the sea bass was also not great. It is an OK restaraunt if you are a local, but we drove up from LA for this dinner, and would not do so again.

Visited December 2013
Santa Barbara, California, USA
“kids are in charge”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went to the this restaurant last night, and that may have been the problem, going near the end of the month where they had a travel zoo voucher coming due. We had reservations, but we forgot to reserve the menus...we waited a long time to be seated, while they searched for 4 menus. We then sat for 20 minutes in a forgotten booth, before getting up and letting the hostess know we were lonely. We then were introduced to our waiter, who seemed to be flying high. We were showered with free sides, wine, etc. to make up for our wait, but the dysfunction continued. We heard what was best on the menu and then found out it was about the only item "left" on the menu.

There were some good items to eat, but the place felt like it was out of control this particular night. There was every effort to make us feel compensated for our wait, but in the end, we felt the best about the humor surrounding our experience rather than the product. Advice....ask what is still on the menu before being seated, and print you own menu.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank wailes45
Ventura, California
“Amazing service and food- wonderful for a group!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I organized a celebration luncheon recently it was suggested that I have the event at Arch Rock Fish in Santa Barbara. We had the lunch last week and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had with a large group event in a restaurant. These people truly go way above and beyond to ensure that every detail is attended to and all your expectations are surpassed. Their private room in the back of the restaurant is ideal for a large group and is beautiful. The wait staff were perfect- unobtrusive but totally helpful and timely. The food (from a limited menu to accommodate a party this large) was delicious- everybody commented about how fresh and flavorful their entrees were. Thank you to Lauren and the whole team at Arch Rock Fish for making a very important celebration luncheon a complete success. Highly, highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited November 2013