“Wonderful but understaffed”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ortega and Cota on Anacapa
Description: Arch Rock is a Santa Barbara Restaurant that serves a variety of fresh, high - quality cuisine in a relaxed but casually elegant environment.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The hotel Canary recommended this off the main throughfare seafood restaurant. The terrace, although close to the street isn't too loud. It was very pleasant out of the sun (umbrella)and out of the a/c. The food and the wines were delicious once served. I'd readily recommend the restaurant in spite of the fact that it seems on that day the restaurant was understaffed as our waiter was all over the restaurant and not as attentive as we might have expected or hoped. I'd give it another try because the fish tacos were delicious.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Among the diffferent seafood restaurants I experimented this summer, this one was one of the best. The crab legs with the corn were very tasty. The people are very friendly and you can eat outside even if it is just on the street but the street is very quiet.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family chanced upon a Mon/Tues special dinner for my birthday at Arch Rock. The adults ordered buckets of rock crabs with corn and potatoes and grilled cheese and fries for the kids. The restaurant had a very nice ambience and it was a totally unexpected place to have that kind of a meal with a very good price at that. They provided bibs and covered the table with paper cover. We all enjoyed our meals and to top mine, a delicious apple pie and vanilla ice cream on the side was provided by the house.
The owner was very nice, greeting us as soon as we came in and checked on us while we were eating. Our waiter was just as nice and attentive.
Overall, a very pleasant experience for a special occasion. I can definitely recommend!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Typical seafood and bar resturant a couple of blocks off the main drag in SB. Being off the main street you may have a better chance of getting a table. Mon&Tues there is a crab/wine special outside of that nothing special about the place...nothing wrong with the place just average

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Perfect food , cocktails and how I wish I'd had room in my belly for dessert.it was a great meal with great service!