“Inexpensive gourmet seafood lunch”
Review of Arch Rock Fish - CLOSED

Arch Rock Fish
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ortega and Cota on Anacapa
Description: Arch Rock is a Santa Barbara Restaurant that serves a variety of fresh, high - quality cuisine in a relaxed but casually elegant environment.
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

if you can get off of State Street a block or two you will be impressed at Arch Rock Fish. They have a $10 power lunch midweek. Best Cioppino good clam chowder. Service impeccable

Lauren H, Guest Relations Manager at Arch Rock Fish, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your kind response! In addition to offering the most tasty lunch items in Santa Barbara, we also have full media capabilities to accommodate work day meetings and presentations. I hope you'll join us for another meal soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The fish was fresh and delicious, the cedar plank salmon is absolutely recommended as well as the chocolate cake. Also the wine list is very well assorted.
The service was attentive and the location is lovely and has a nice neighborhood atmosphere. The Arch Rock Fish is highly recommended!

Thank you for your review of Arch Rock Fish! I'm glad you noticed the fine quality of our fish. We are proud to serve locally sourced fish and produce that arrives fresh every morning. Much of our wines are locally produced as well.

If you haven't already done so, please "like" us on Facebook to be notified of our weekly specials!
I hope you'll dine with us again soon!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were here on a Monday evening around 9:30, that could have been the problem, but it shouldn't be. It took forever to be noticed and seated. The gentlemen that seated us gave us a list of items they were out of as soon as we sat down, not impressed. Then one of our drinks had a chipped glass, they replaced it, with yet another chipped glass, we decided not to send that one back. We ordered the crab bucket, then the waiter came back and informed us they were out of that and that the last 2 were just ordered. Well they would have been ours if our waiter didn't take so long to get to us and take our order and people seated outside after us had their order taken first and they evidently ordered the last 2 crab buckets:( They brought our lobster and crab that we did order (Round 2) and did not bring us crackers or butter. Finally when asking for butter and received it, it was not warm at all, had to send that back to get warmed and get our crackers. All in all this place was underwhelming. We did complain to the manager and he did give us a small credit, but his customer service skills were extremely lacking, not professional at all. So I would not recommend this place. You can get better seafood at Brophy Brothers for far less money and a view of the harbor.

2  Thank Merrigypsy

Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry that you did not have the quality experience that we pride ourselves on. Our staff is dedicated to providing exceptional service and obviously you were not given the attention that each of our guests should receive. I will contact you shortly to see what can be done to make up for our lack of performance on the night of your visit.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The focus is on seafood in this casual but attractively laid out restaurant that reminded us of Legal Seafood, a local favorite in the Boston area. The calamari appetizer was lightly breaded, but pretty bland even with the accompanying aioli. However, the house favorite plank salmon and the ahi tuna we had were both simply presented and delicious. The wine selection is huge with a large selection of wines by the glass in all price ranges. Fortunately they gave us a chance to taste a few as we tried several before finding something we liked. We didn't have reservations for prime time dining during the week but were seated immediately. However, the outdoor seating and anything near the outdoors was already taken. We heard the lunch menu was more inventive, but didn't have the time to try it out.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I ate at Arch Rock Fish on a recent visit to Santa Barbara. What a mistake.

I showed up early to relax at the end of the day, sit at the bar, and have a glass of wine at happy hour prices. How bad can a glass of wine for $3 be? Bad. I wouldn't have cooked with this stuff.

We'd made a reservation for 6:00 PM. My wife showed up a few minutes late, at which point I tried to get the bill. There was a new bartender working, and he spent 20 minutes messing with the remote control for the TV trying to find a baseball game for some old drunk at the end of the bar (and I do mean drunk - this guy couldn't even form sentences by the time I left). The barkeep who was training him was getting madder and madder, and finally had to take the remote control away from him. Needless to say, it took me 20 minutes to get my bill, and the newbie got no tip. Given how mad he made his trainer, I'll be amazed if he's still working there.

As it turned out, it didn't matter anyway because the hostess has screwed up our reservation and made it for 6:30.

For dinner I had Cioppino. It was OK, and good value for the price (low 20's). My wife had the burger. The server (again, a newbie) gave her the big sales pitch about it being a combination of 3 types of meat, hand ground, etc. What it was was terrible. The meat was very dry and had no flavor. It was overcooked. The bun was greasy. All in all, it couldn't even hold a candle to something I'd get a McDonald's..

The service in the restaurant side wasn't as bad as it was at the bar, but it wasn't good either. Once again with a new and seemingly untrained server, the service was slow. I'd ordered a side of slaw with my cioppino to get some fiber, and didn't get it. Luckily it didn't show up on the bill either. It only took 10 minutes to get the bill. This server got a tip, but not a good one.

We definitely won't be back to Arch Rock Fish on our next visit to Santa Barbara.

1  Thank TravelSkeptic43