“Great day in Santa Barbara with Dee Tours”

DeeTours of Santa Barbara
More attraction details
Owner description: Jeep Limo and 4-psngr jeep avail. to escort you to Wine country! Local owner operated with the goal of affordable, fun, memorable tours for our guests! We are flexible, casual, and accommodating. Our jeep tops can be on or off, you decide!
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had a fantastic day with the family courtesy of Sandy & Dee at Dee Tours.

We were lucky enough to find this wonderful small business for our one day in Santa Barbara. We did a full day tour which included the Santa Ynez valley and it's gorgeous townships and wineries and olive farms. We also had time for a tour of downtown Santa Barbara on our way back to the cruise ship. Sandy was lots of fun and knowledgeable & the lunch, can I say the Avocado Delight was just that amazing!. Ages of our group ranged from 12 up to 60 and everyone enjoyed the day immensely.

All reviews
in 50 reviews
"jeep"
in 37 reviews

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Thank you fellow TripAdvisors for steering me to this Gem. Working with Dee was a pleasure from the first email inquiry. We arrived from the cruise ship and met Sandy at the end of the dock - very easy. As we wanted a private, customized tour we booked separate from the cruise line and chose the private, small Jeep for 3 ppl.

Sandy is a great tour guide - knowledgeable, and FUNNY!!! The trip out to the wineries was filled with history, stories, and facts about the area. Our first stop was Lincourt - beautiful! I could've stayed all day. After our tasting we had a delicious picnic lunch on the grounds. As this was not our first day of wine tastings, we were done after the 2nd winery (I don't recall the name - wasn't our favorite). The olive oil tasting was different and delicious - the young girl seemed ill-equipped to do more than sell.

Sandy provided a great tour through the countryside on our way back to Santa Barbara and through town.

I highly recommend this tour - Dee and Sandy are great people - you are treated like friends in from out of town. They're very flexible and base the choices on your preferences, traffic in the area, etc...

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I booked this tour for my husband and myself along with my parents and aunt and uncle. I told Sandy in advance that my my parents and aunt & uncle were not big drinkers, but they all wanted to check out the wine country. He suggested we break up the day of wine tasting with some other activities, and I think he did the perfect job. Let's just start out by saying that Sandy is quite the character and he knows a lot about Santa Barbara and the valley. My dad is a history buff so he really loved all of the factoids that Sandy had to offer though the day, and of course he kept us laughing the whole way;) We did some really fun stuff in addition to just wine tasting including a stop in Solvang, an Olive oil tasting, and also stopped at a petting zoo. The drive was so scenic and of course everybody had a blast in the stretch Jeep Wrangler. I loved all of the wineries we went to, and we had a wonderfully delicious lunch over at Bridalwood. We had such a great day and would recommend this tour to anyone because there is a little something for everyone. Thank you Sandy and DeeTours for making a wonderfully memorable day for me and my family!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We have cruised 18+ times and we do tours and excursions all the time away from the ship. After the day had ended my wife had told me this was one of the funnest and best tour we've had. After a short tour through Santa Barbara with our guide Sandy took us back roads to Santa Ynez valley to some pretty nice wineries. After phoning in our lunch order at the start we sat down to a beautiful lunch in vineyards. Being in car all day can be excruciating if trapped with the wrong person. Sandy was smart, funny and informative. We would do variations of this tour over and over again. Lastly, Thank you DEE, I was an knucklehead and left my cellphone in the jeep. By the time I returned to work it was sitting on my desk. Thank You!

1  Thank dan_cfm
See more reviews
Reviewed January 3, 2014

After reading so many the great reviews, I had to see what all the fuss was about.
Took the Wine Tour with my borderline elderly parents and our friends. Everybody loved it! Dee was our driver/guide/hostess. She extremely knowledgeable about all things in that part of the world. We enjoyed the choices that she made as to which wineries to go to. She also took us to a taste different olive oils, to a lavender farm, a micro brewery, "zonkey zoo" and the "danish" town of Solvang. Her attention to detail, friendly demeanor and excellent driving skills made for a perfect day. I almost forgot to mention the unique jeep limo. The ride was smooth and lot's of people were craning their necks to see it, as we drove around the area, This is a tour that I would highly recommend to anyone going to Santa Barbara!