“Not as advertised.”

DeeTours of Santa Barbara
More attraction details
Owner description: Jeep Limo and 4-psngr jeep avail. to escort you to Wine country! Local owner operated with the goal of affordable, fun, memorable tours for our guests! We are flexible, casual, and accommodating. Our jeep tops can be on or off, you decide!
Thousand Oaks, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not as advertised.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The website said "4 premier wineries" and when we spoke with the company representative we were assured that that's exactly what we'd get. Apparently, what they really mean is "1 premier winery, 1 lousy one, 1 passable one, and 1 bar in a cheesy tourist city."

The first winery, Bridlewood, was a great start. Wines were superb, and we were happy to secure several bottles for our cellar. And then it went downhill. The second winery served wines that were from bad to mediocre. Everyone agreed. The next winery offered passable wines, but certainly not worthy of a "premier" label. The last "winery" wasn't a winery at all, but rather a wine bar in a busy tourist city swarming with Asian tour buses. We didn't even taste all of them because it was so difficult to get served by the one overworked wine pourer.

There are obviously much better wineries in Santa Barbara, which has several hundred to choose from including tons who have won critical acclaim.

2 Thank Marci L
Withgratitude, Owner at DeeTours of Santa Barbara, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
I am very confused by this review. Myself or Sandy would have been your driver/host for the day. We go above and beyond to make sure our guests have a wonderful experience. Our wineries are considered "premiere" and wine tasting is a subjective experience. If at any time during the tour, you were disappointed, we would have hoped you would have relayed that to us.
We are very flexible and accommodating. You signed the review as "Marci L" however, I haven't had anyone on any of our tours by that name. Please contact me so we can discuss your dissatisfaction. I would like to have a better idea of what happened. Our reviews are very important to us. Thank you. Dee

orange county, CA
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Way more than just a wine tour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My family of four went on this wine tasting tour and it was nothing short of fabulous! Dee was so gracious, friendly and knowledgeable about the area. We stopped at three wineries, one more lovely than the next, then we went in the town of Los Oliveros where we taste tasted different olive oils, and then taste tested so many different kinds of garlic - the guy there, Paul I believe his name was, was so informed about the holistic benefits of garlic. We then had an outdoor picnic lunch at one of the wineries, the food so delicious (Dee took our order earlier, then set it all up) and the setting was picture perfect! Lastly, we chose to do a brewery instead of another winery, that was equally as fun. I also must mention that the ride was so much fun with the top down and the scenery all around is breath-taking! A definite must do if you are in this area!

1 Thank taragrl
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“California as only a lifetime local would show you.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We just did the all day wine and sights tour as part of a Wedding weekend. So there were two parent couples and our newly married son and daughter. As we left their house in Carpinteria and drove towards the wine country Sandy regaled us with stories of California and what it was like growing up as a Surfing Enthusiast. He pointed out things and told us stuff that only a someone who grew up in the area would know.
The wineries he chose were great and he delivered and set up an awesome picnic lunch at Buttonwood Farm and Winery.
Sandy was able to keep us involved and motivated all day long right up to our last visit at Cold Spring Tavern just in time to chow down on some great Tri-tip sandwiches.
One hint, if he takes you to the Garlic tasting bring plenty of MINTS!
It's not your ordinary run of the mill tours. He spent the whole day with us and we loved every minute of it. Right down to the sing along with the hits of the 70's

new york
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“What a great day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

As other reviewers have mentioned, I did a lot of research trying to pick just the right wine tour for my husband and myself and I'm so glad I chose Dee Tours! It was just a perfect day and a perfect start to our vacation. We were picked up at our hotel by Sandy, Dee's partner. Initially I was slightly bummed because every review talked about how great Dee was. Well let me say, Sandy was a pleasure to be with and really made our day fun and interesting. We had a private tour so it was just the three of us. The beginning of the tour was a quick tour of the city, which I really enjoyed because we had never visited Santa Barbara before. Sandy grew up there so he was very knowledgeable and gave us all kinds of recommendations for restaurants, things to do and just some general history which made us wish we were spending more time in Santa Barbara! Next we were off to the wineries on a spectacular scenic drive. The great part is that the day is really tailored for you individually. Sandy made some recommendations and we picked and chose the things we preferred. We did wineries, beer tasting, Garlic and Olive oil tasting, we had a delicious lunch, stopped at a great cupcake place, he even quickly ran into a farm stand so we could have the sweetest tasting strawberries I've ever had...bottom line was we really enjoyed meeting and getting to know Sandy and all the other people along the way. We never felt rushed or kept to a schedule at all. It was a full day and absolutely worth every penny. Looking forward to doing it all again with some friends next time we are out that way for sure. Great day!

Los Angeles, California, USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A very professional operation with first class ideas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Just so you know, I didn't take the tour yet! But, as an old reviewer, I wanted you to know what a pleasure it was to plan a tour with Dee. She offered everything I needed with a great plan. Unfortunately, my 'cold' turned out to be pneumonia and I had to cancel. Despite all of Dee's work, she charged me nothing and wished me well. I can't wait to get to SB and do a tour with Dee!