“Great sport with great guide”

Stand Up Paddling Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Stand Up Paddling Adventures where we are thrilled to be bringing the stoke of SUP to Santa Barbara. We pride ourselves on giving the most comprehensive and fun SUP lessons in Santa Barbara, Montecito, Carpinteria and Ventura. We provide private instruction, group lessons, tours, events and parties! Our instructors are lifeguard, CPR and First Aid certified. We guarantee you will be up paddling and having fun by the end of your first lesson!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Coming from the East Coast, we had seen people do stand up paddle before, but thought that Cali was a great place to try it since it it more popular in that area. Rob was right on time and great at explaining what to expect in the water and how to paddle, etc. The sport itself is quite simple, but we felt safer having a "lesson" with Rob about technique before trying it and having someone who is knowledgeable about local surf conditions, etc. It is fun and a decent workout (a bit sore the next day, but it felt good!). We paddled in the Santa Barbara harbor, so had very calm conditions and great views of the city from the water. Rob was patient, fun, and helpful. Be sure to wear your bathing suit (we fell while trying to surf a little wave in) and bring a waterproof camera - I thought from the website that Rob would have a digital waterproof camera with him, but he didn't, so if you want pics be sure to ask him about that first (which I did not) or bring your own. Our entire experience (lesson, tour around the harbor on our boards, and some free paddling time) was about 2 hours in the late morning.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

My Husband and I where planning a trip to Santa Barbara and wanted to Paddle Board. I found these guys online and game them a call. They where so awesome and helpful over the phone will all my questions and booked us over the phone it was soo easy ! We arrived and I wasnt so sure about doing this, being from land locked Denver I wasnt thrilled about Ocean ! Rob was very patient with me and got both my Husband and I right up on our boards. It was windy in the Harbor so it was a little challenging but what a wonderful work out ! We saw fish , a star fish, Harbor seals. I had also seen Dolphins before our lesson started but they where gone when we got out in the harbor. This was truley an awesome time, and the view was breathtaking from the Harbor I was overwhelmed and so very charmed by Santa Barbara ! Rob answered every question I had and gave very good intructions on how to paddle and stay on your board stayed with me as I was a little slower then the hubby and even traded my husband boards because he needed a smaller board to be more challenged ! I would HIGHLY reccomend Paddle boarding with these guys. I enjoyed it so much I brought a board home ! I cant wait until we come back I will defintely be a return customer and I would send any of my family or friends their way ! Very nice people who go out of their way to make sure you have a good time ! I do wish that I had a camera with me and if you can bring a water proof one I would. My husband did fall in because he was trying to surf a wave so it is possible to get wet ! Also bring straps for your sunglasses and polarized lenses to be able to see into the water.

1  Thank Christy704
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This was the most amazing day! Stood up within seconds. Friendly and caring people. I would definitely return and bring friends.

1  Thank ginaqbydouie
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I went out stand up paddling yesterday for the first time and absolutely loved it! I felt perfectly safe in the water with my incredible instructor, Rob. The ocean, scenery and location was gorgeous. We saw seals and dolphins swam right up next to our boards, it was incredible! Truly an experience I will remember for always and I am definitely looking forward to doing it again.

3  Thank saintbabs
See more reviews
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I live in Carpinteria and have been seeing people stand up paddle everywhere lately. We thought it was time to finally try it out and went for a lesson with Stand Up Paddling Adventures. We are truly glad we did. Awesome time! Highly recommend the sport of SUP and definitely think we got the best lesson ever, our instructor was patient and friendly and we were standing up and having fun almost immediately. We look forward to our next lesson.

1  Thank lisawillisphoto